Wednesday, May 27, 2020

My Day on the Europe Warriors Zoom Webinar


Wednesday, May 27, 2020

At precisely 11:oo a.m. today I joined my two confederates in Europe Warriors crime for a free Zoom webinar to talk American football.

Who are these two men you ask? Two of the best men I've met through EuroBall, Jesús Sanchez, the Head Coach of Madrid's Osos, and Bart Iaccarino, the Head Coach of Barcelona's Pioners L'Hospitalet.

They asked me last weekend to speak on today's Europe Warriors sponsored webinars and, of course, I said yes.

So off we went into the unknown

 This was my two pronged topic

The first part was a discussion of the things that I have learned since I started playing flag football for the first time as a sixth grader at Pasadena's St. Philip the Apostle School that form my philosophy of coaching 62 years later.

In the second part, I addressed our aggressive approach to our Punt, Punt Block, Field Goal and Field Goal Block teams.

After two hours and ten minutes, our clinic session ended and I felt good about the presentation.  

Later Bart Iaccarino sent me this

If I am understanding it correctly, the talk garnered over 2,500 views.

That seemed like a lot to me but, then again, there are a lot of American football coaches scattered throughout the globe with no life during these Coronavirus restricted times.

Go figure!

No comments: