Friday, May 8, 2020

A Scare and a Birthday


Thursday, May 7, 2020

Day LIX of my International Coronavirus Lockdown was a bit harrowing and a bit of a celebration.

Let's do the harrowing part first.

 A Coronavirus caused empty office
at Ventura's Grossman Imaging Center

The story of my mysteriously injured lower left leg got more bizarre today.

Heeding the advice of friend Susan D'Antuono who is a retired nurse, I saw my physician, Dr. James Sands in Ventura at 8:30 a.m.

After thoroughly checking to see if I had a human form of torsion bar suspension in that appendage, Dr. Sands concurred that I had somehow sprained my ankle in my sleep Sunday night.

Still, given my Coronavirus Lockdown imposed sedentary lifestyle the last two months combined with my age, a blood clot was still a possibility.

This was a possibility that we both wanted to address.

Thus at 10:45 a.m., I was down the street at this imaging center to go through a test for blood clots.

It was NEGATIVE!

So, yes, I sprained my ankle while sleeping . . .

GETTING OLD IS
NOT FOR THE WEAK!

The Ventura Freeway was
traffic light on the way home

I stopped at Camarillo's Ralph's Supermarket to buy a few supplies.

 They were not kidding about
the shortage of paper products

Now for the good part of the day, Laurie's birthday!

A small birthday cake, wine,
flowers, a dinner home
delivered from Ric's Restaurant
was the call tonight

The "Cuban Inspired Ham & Swiss" had nothing to do with Laurie's birthday but I just had to buy it.

Getting video calls from Andy, Jenn and Kevin in Las Vegas plus a hilarious one from the Murphy Clan was good for her spirits.

Having Michael, Vanessa, Jacob and Mary come over for a Social Distanced celebration was also quite uplifting.

Happy 29th Birthday Laurie!

1 comment:

David said...

Who knew it was possible to sprain your ankle in your sleep? And just think what this means you can do to yourself while awake!