Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Feeling Better On Many Levels


Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Day LXIV of my International Coronavirus Lockdown was a really good one on many levels.

First, I felt that my foot was sufficiently healed to permit me to take a short, one mile test walk today around the neighborhood.

A couple of signs in people's front yards were of note.

Absolutely agree 

Unfortunately, school graduation
ceremonies at all levels have been halted

My injured foot held up well today, my mobility is BACK! 

When I got back home Laurie
said enough to my hippie ways and
gave me a haircut on the front porch

It was my first haircut in two and a half months.

She did a good job that drew praise from walkers as they strolled by Casa Contreras getting their doses of daily exercise.

 The finished product

In the late afternoon, Vanessa, Mike, Mary and Jacob came to our home for a Social Distanced visit in the back yard. 

We were spread out as the kids
started to romp around the backyard

Mary giving one of her
stuffed toys a ride

 Where's Vanessa?

Jacob like olives on his pizza

Social Distanced Pizzafest

This visit did a lot for our mental health but it is still tough not being able to hug and kiss the little people.

 Is that a Bart Iaccarino Action Figure?

A late check of the internet informed us that . . .

The United Kingdom cancelled
their American football season today

The joined France, Italy and Switzerland are the only EuroBall countries to officially call off the jam on the 2020 season.

All of other 24 American football playing countries in Europe are still officially in postponed mode hoping for a miracle.

Like the sign said on my morning walk, "HOPE is contagious!"

Unfortunately, so is the Coronavirus.

No comments: