Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Another Quiet Laundry day


Before I start on today's limited activities, I must comment on something that happened in our game last Saturday that I found funny but have forgotten to pass on to you.

In the second half, one of our defensive players was getting tired and yelled to me "Coach, I need a vacation!" He meant to say he needed a break but asking for a "vacation" made for a much better story.

For the third time in my stay in Icelandia, laundry day found me washing clothes but finding the key to the drying room missing! I was not happy but between loads two and three, the key suddenly appeared without warning back in the keyhole. Life got better fast.

Time to celebrate my victory over washing clothes by having a delcious baked potato stuffed with lettuce and a rich herring sauce at the Graffiti Café . . . YUM!

Spring in Hässleholm continues

Goodbye Café Hörnan,
Hello Subway!
HUGE!!!

The team is buzzing over the impending opening of a Subway near the train station in Hässleholm. This is generally accepted as the biggest gastronomic improvement to the Kommun in many, many years.

Can't wait, tack så mycket Jared!

Good practice tonight, spirits were high and the team picked up our Lugi Vikings game plan quite well. We picked up four new players tonight, the word is spreading. . .