Saturday, October 18, 2025

Ventura "No Kings" Rally


Saturday, October 18, 2025

This will be the first of two posts about today's activities.

The second one will cover Jacob's Pop Warner playoff game this afternoon.

I opted to head up to the Ventura County Center in the city of Ventura to exercise my guaranteed First Amendment rights under the United States Constitution to participate in a peaceful assembly with fellow protestors in a "NO KINGS" rally.

I was spurred on to join this rally after hearing United States Congressional Speaker of the House, Mike Johnson (Republican, Louisiana) declare yesterday that the "No Kings" protests were really a "Hate America Rally."

House Speaker Johnson further stated, "I encourage you to watch, we call it the "Hate America Rally," that'll happen Saturday. Let's see who shows up for that. I bet you see ptro-Hamas supporters, I bet you see Antifa types, I bet you see the Marxists in full display. The people who don't want to stand and defend the foundational truths of this republic."

Thus, I picked up the gauntlet and headed to Ventura this morning to join the motley rabble.

Laurie sent me on my way but
only after making 100% aware of
what my rights actually were

It was a good lesson in protest preparation.

Arriving at about 9:45, about 15 minutes
before the official start of the rally,
I was not alone

There were all sorts of people assembled sporting all sorts of thoughtful and often hilarious signs.

Probably not so hilarious if you are a dyed in the wool MAGA cult member though.

A simple Declaration of Purpose

Irritating a Grandmother
is NEVER a good idea

Oh, my . . .

I agree wholeheartedly
with this sign

My fellow peacefully
assembled protestors

It was early, the crowd was close to twice this size by the time I left.
 
If it was only this easy . . .

Poignant

Resistance not Silence was the
goal for most of us this morning

"End the U.S. Blockade on Cuba"

Not "No Kings" related but I support this as well.

Damn the Cubans in Florida on this one.
 
Even cats are against our glorious
leader's policies and shenanigans

I LOVE butterflies as well

Actually, this sign completely
speaks to my core belief on all that
has been going on in America since
January 20th

Clever the way the creator of this
sign turned our glorious leader's
autograph into his crown

Wonder Woman with a good point

This one got to me

In the Bible's Book of Exodus,
God sends frogs as a plague against
an unjust Pharaoh . . .

. . . not sure that He sent Unicorns
and/or dinosaurs though

Such a simple concept

Perhaps

The assembled multitudes were . . .

. . . getting BIGGER!

I thought this was appropriate
to my aims today as well

Watch out for organized women
with a purpose and on a mission

Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth,
are you listening?

She told me that that really was
a photo of her Dad who served
as an anti-fascist U.S. soldier
during World War II

Now, I must admit to Speaker Johnson, that there was a table set up with a trio of backers manning a Communist Party table but they were relatively quiet and few protestors stopped to talk with these Marxists-Leninists.

I didn't see any pro-Hamas folks today, maybe they attended the "NO KINGS" rally in Fillmore today instead.

I am, based on my beliefs in the U.S. Constitution's core principals, an anti-fascist. A term which somehow has become negative to some of my fellow Americans.

I felt good having legally exercised my Constitutional rights to assemble and protest in a peaceful manner.

Every little bit of resistance helps when you LOVE America.

No comments: