Thursday, April 30, 2020

The Last Day in the California Isolation Ward


Wednesday, April 29, 2020

It was finally Day XIV in the California Isolation Ward!

My last day in 100% isolation officially ended at 6:30 p.m. Pacific Daylight Savings Time.

I had understandably been under mandatory house arrest because of the Coronavirus and my return to Camarillo from Varese, Italy for the past two weeks.

But tonight I returned to freedom albeit somewhat limited but still cherished.

Before my 6:30 p.m. version of "Escape from Alcatraz" I did peruse the internet . . .

Varese Skorpions 34 - Roma Pretoriani 14

The now 11-3 Skorpions rolled over the also 11-3 Pretoriani in the FIDAF Madden Tournament today.

The Skorpions are currently in second place in the Tournament's four team AFC North trailing the 12-2 Torino Giaguari.

There are a total of 32 clubs in the Tournament that is trying to minimally ease the pain of our cancelled season.

100% TRUE!

During the Quarantine, we ALL need
to desperately support the Fashion Police!

 I completely understand since I'm . . .

. . . quickly becoming this guy
in my Lockdown mode

To celebrate my release from the Isolation Ward, we ordered a Mexican dinner home delivery from Ric's Restaurant tonight.

It was the first time that Laurie did not prepare a meal since I got home.

The Street Tacos were
FANTASTICO!

At 6:30 p.m., I looked out our front window and saw what I had been anticipating for weeks.

Ready, Set, . . .

I'm FREE!

Well, at least to some degree.

Thanks to George, seen here tonight,
and Edna for posting all of these
signs of encouragement the last 14 days, 
and for numerous adult beverages!

Mike and I embarking on my
first long walk in the last 52 days!

We went for a leisurely two mile trek around the neighborhood and it felt good spiritually but I could really feel the rust in my legs.

Still, it was good, no GREAT, to get out again!

A bit hard to see but . . .

Under the cover of darkness, Laurie and I posted a THANK YOU! sign on the light post outside of George and Edna's home tonight.

Tomorrow, a trip to the Supermarket!

No comments: