Friday, April 10, 2020

Another Day of Sorting and Packing


Friday, 10 April, 2020

Day XXXIII of the Great Italian Lockdown was also my 90th day living in Varese this year.

It should have been the half way point of my 180 day stay in Italy. Instead, I only have two days left before flying home due to the impending cancellation of the Italian American football season.

FORZA ITALIA!

As I understand it, the Italian government today extended the Lockdown to at least May 3rd.

On that date, the Great Italian Lockdown will be in its 56th day.

YIKES!

Enzo Petrillo's wife Nency was
busy baking today for Easter

I have enjoyed Easter at their home the last two years but it is not to be in 2020.

Speaking of Enzo . . .

This is the form that Enzo had to get filled out in order to drive me to Milano's Malpensa Airport for the first leg of my trip home.

If we were to get pulled over by the police on our drive and did not have these papers properly filled out, we could get in big trouble for breaking the Prime Directive during the Lockdown, STAY AT HOME!

Enzo will be picking me up at The Bunker at 4:30 a.m. on Easter Sunday for my 7:00 a.m. flight to Rome.

Now, about my three flights to get home in the most safe fashion possible . . .

Our son Andrew instructed me that face masks, in order to work properly, must seal to your face securely.

Facial hair tends to disrupt that seal, so he strongly urged me to at least trim my bushy beard.

So today, I did.

All I had was a pair of scissors and a mirror. I trimmed as much of it off as I could but, in the end, it looked uneven and disheveled.

So I decided to just shave most of it off and for the first time in over 30 years, I had no beard.

Before and . . .

. . . After

I would not be able to pick myself out of a police photo line-up if they used this mug shot.

My sorting, throwing out and packing almost finished, I decided to go into the back yard to get a little Sun while I read today.

Lucky
The Nardi's FIERCE guard dog

The green chair looks like
a good spot for my needs

The view back to where I
took the previous photo

A gorgeous day near this
healthy cherry tree

At least I think it's a cherry tree.

I should have used this
chair carved out of a still in
the ground tree stump instead

Being outdoors by myself was a pleasant break from Bunker Life.

The Riddell company unveiled their new line of 2020 anti-Coronavirus line of football helmets.

I like it!

Finally, the theme song from the movie The Great Escape keeps replaying in my head for some strange reason.



No comments: