Sunday, April 19, 2020

Life in Sleepy Camarillo


Saturday, April 18, 2020

Day III in the California Isolation Ward was more of the same in our personal, shared abode.

I kept Super Social Distanced from Laurie, finished reading a good book, watched TV and spoke with friends via FaceTime.

Of course, it was Saturday, so that meant our third weekly Zoom meeting with coaches and players from Romania's Cluj Crusaders for about an hour.

Our meeting would start at 8:00 a.m. California time, 6:00 p.m. Eastern European time. 

We had another solid session
that covered a wide variety of topics

My thoughts during the day
turned back to our friends in Italy


Laurie and I are concerned for the health and safety of all of our Italian friends.

One of the Skorpions posted
this historic newspaper article
about our club


I have no idea of what year this story was originally published.

When my time in Isolation is over,
I've got to get back to cooking


Our kitchen is in Laurie's half of Casa Contreras, my presence there is, for now, strictly
VERBOTEN! 

Mary, Jacob, Vanessa and Mike dropped
off home made donuts in the evening
for us for our Sunday breakfast


YUM!

To be safe, Mike got out of their family van, delivered them to a table outside of our front door, got back into the van and then called us to let us know of their delivery.

They stayed in their van while I came out into the front yard to collect the donuts and then talk with them for a few moments from about 40 feet away.

Life during these trying times is strange to say the least.

Reading Is FUNdamental!

This was a good one that I bought
in Rome and read on airplanes,
in London and finished in Camarillo


What a world we live in.

No comments: