Saturday, April 11, 2020

A Final Working Day in The Bunker


Saturday, 11 April, 2020

Day XXXIV of the Great Italian Lockdown would also be my last full day in quarantine in Europe.

As you may know, tomorrow morning I fly home to Los Angeles from Milano via both Roma and London. It will be a 20 hour and 20 minute trip and, after just one day of unfettered freedom, I'll be placed in isolation for 14 days in Camarillo's famed Casa Contreras Detention Center.

Today was dedicated to cleaning The Bunker from top to bottom before turning the keys back over to Santa Barbara.

I did have some me time built into the day as well.

It was Week II of our
"Coaching During the Covid"
on-line Zoom meeting with the
players and coaches of Romania's
Cluj Crusaders

We had another good 90 minute session today discussing practice planning and player motivation.

We agreed to keep our weekly coaching clinics going next week but with a needed time change.

Our current 10:00 a.m. Central European starting time would translate to a 1:00 a.m. starting time in California.

Rafael Ruiz, the Crusaders Head Coach, agreed to changing the starting time to 9:00 a.m. Pacific time next Saturday.

Thank goodness!

Tiramisù Gelato

I have to finish it all before I fly home!

It's the law.

I found time to surf the web . . .

Good point, otherwise . . .

. . . this becomes a real possibility

Speaking of masks . . .

I have five in my arsenal for my journey.

I only had two pairs of gloves after striking out yesterday in my attempt to find a pharmacy that had any for sale.

Then there was a knock at my door which I answered. Standing there was Santa Barbara with a small bag containing 20 more pairs of gloves for me.

Does anyone wonder why she had been elevated to sainthood long ago?

 I hope Laurie is aware of this
this weekend

The PRIME DIRECTIVE
comes to America

After mopping the floors, I needed to give them time to dry out. Thus, I headed outdoors into the backyard to do some reading.

That's an old building that
caught my eye as I sat down

At about 3:30 p.m., I got a message from Santa Barbara, "Meet in the backyard at 4:00 p.m. for snacks."

YAHOO!!!

Of course, the six foot, Social Distancing rules were strictly adhered to at all times!

 The Buosi Gelateria delivered
four flavors of rich gelato for
our shared consumption

Damn it was good on a warm day in Lombardia!

Another view from our back yard

Nice home don't you agree?

The Skorpions' website passed on this
video as a way of saying "Arrivederci"

I was touched by their sentiment.

It is harder than ever to say good bye this year when you can't do it face to face.

I enjoyed one last pizza for dinner

I made it myself, short of.

A frozen Margherita pizza just needed some sausage, peppers, salsiccia picante and balsamic glaze to make it a bit more palatable in my opinion.

So I added all of those ingredients to bake the pizza you see here.

It was quite good if I say so myself.

I hope that you all have the absolute
BEST Easter Sunday possible
under our trying circumstances

"California here I come . . ."

No comments: