Thursday, April 2, 2020

An Announcement From FIDAF


Thursday, 2 April, 2020

This was our 30th straight day without a Varese Skorpions American football practice and I was starting to get a wee bit antsy.

It was also Day XXV of the Great Italian Lockdown.

First, the grim news . . .

Today's totals were not good

Since Monday night, the number of Coronavirus cases increased by 37,607.

Another 1,487 died of the Coronavirus in the past two days.

On the positive side, another 2,549 people have been declared to be recovered from this deadly disease.

 
I like the way this person is thinking!

 We now hold a lot of these
ZOOM meetings now in Milano

Becky Buettner recently asked me what I see out of my front window in The Bunker.

Here is my view Becky

 This is the view out of my back balcony
into the inner courtyard of our
apartment complex built  in 1610

Now, for the big news from FIDAF

The ban on all Italian sports practices and games has been extended to April 13th.

On that date, they will reassess the situation.

That's it, that's all that they had to say.

Still no idea of what they are thinking and thus, no answer to all of the rumors that are floating around.

On April 13th, it will have been 41 days since our last practice.

Given that the number of Coronavirus cases jumped from 77,635 to 115,242 in the last two days, a 48% increase, I just don't see how we can start the 2020 season any time soon.

I may have to seriously consider my return home sooner than anticipated.

DAMN!

No comments: