Monday, March 2, 2026
We started what would be, given our early morning flight time and a two hour time change, a long day of travel to Hawaii.
It started off with a 5:15 wake-up alarm as we were told by the Hilton Hotel's staff that we should board their free shuttle to LAX 30 minutes before whatever time we wanted to arrive at our terminal.
We left the hotel on the 6:00 a.m. shuttle and were comfortably whisked away to Hawaiian Airlines located in Terminal 6.
Through the power of being TSA Pre-Check members, we sailed through security with zero problems and at our gate in plenty of time for our plane.
It was our first time flying on
Hawaiian Airlines and we loved it!
Why you ask?
Well, first of all our flight was only about 25% full which allowed me to move to a seat with no one sitting behind me to FULLY recline my new seat for much more comfort on the five hour and 30 minute flight to Maui.
Next, Hawaiian Airlines still publishes an informative travel magazine for each passenger to peruse at their own leisure and take with them if that is their want which I did. I had not seen one of these magazines on any flight I'd taken since the pre-COVID days of 2019.
Another plus is free in-flight wifi.
Then there was the free entertainment center on the back of each seat providing a wide variety of music, movie and TV shows to keep fliers busy. We usually fly on Alaska Airlines on our trips to Hawaii but they offer no such service on their flights.
We will definitely fly Hawaiian on any and all future flights to the 50th state.
I binged watched Season 2 of
this fun TV show from the early 1990s
It was an excellent way to pass the time watching this funny and insightful show again that is set in Alaska, the 49th state, with a unique cast of characters.
We made raring and ready to go
Mark Johnson met us at the curb by the baggage claim area and chauffeured us to his Kihei Beach condo where his wife Susie and their friends Jody and Randy were awaiting us.
Jody and Randy Oster are friends of the Johnsons from Chelan, Washington. Mark and Randy were wrestling referees who worked together in years long gone by. They had spent the last week with the Johnsons and were heading home tonight on a redeye flight to their Winter home in Tucson, Arizona.
We all gathered for a good meal in a beautiful setting to say both goodbye and hello to members of our merry band of vacationers.
Ocean Vodka Organic Farm & Distillery
4051 Omaopio Road
Kula, Maui, Hawaii
Our meals here all earned good reviews from the six of us, we gave it a nine out of ten rating.
While the food was that good, we were really here for something else . . .
. . . the GORGEOUS sunset
About to be happy, sated campers
The sunset got even better!
Jody and Randy Oster
Susie and Mark Johnson
Laurie and George Contreras
Since we are on the subject of dining, I will take a moment to mention that a recent trip to my doctor to review some routine bloodwork that I had done came back with a few alarming results that I am now trying earnestly to remedy.
This is my new lifestyle
I don't do enough of #11.
I've got to improve on #12 as well.
While I do drink a lot of water daily, I don't think that it is THREE LITERS worth that #13 recommends.
Since January 15th, I've lost 17 pounds which is a start.
On to much more upbeat EuroBall news . . .
One of the two new leagues
that are springing up after the
European League of Football's demise
The other rebranded big league
in Europe for 2026
Spanish Serie A/DI Standings
Our Gijón Mariners and the Mallorca Voltors in a battle to not get relegated to DII in 2027.
Finally, who is the meanest, nastiest and most sinister Kicker in all of EuroBall?
My vote is for this Italian DII
Kicker for the Monza Daemons
He has been known to get some wicked, devilish hits on Kickoff Coverage over the years.
It was a good day to be alive, despite the new dietary regimen.
Stay tuned for more, "Adventures in Paradise."
No comments:
Post a Comment