Tuesday, March 10, 2026

Our Last Full Day in Paradise - Day VIII


Monday, March 9, 2026
As is usually the case, all good things must come to an end. Thus forewarned, we greeted our last full day in Maui with great spirit, vigor and gusto.

As is my custom when on Maui, I was up first and this day opted to take a meandering two mile walk in the cool and shade of the early morning along Kihei's coastline.

My goal was to time out the end of my stroll with the 8:00 a.m. arrival of the rest of our group at the local Starbucks for another gathering of the Maui Friends Group.

This was a great morning for mild exercise, so let me show you the beauty of this stretch of coastline.

The beach across the street from
the Johnson's condo

We would return here in the afternoon.

Cafe O'Lei

I like this fun play of words for this dining spot.

It was serene as I worked
my way up the coast

I heading that-a-way

An old sea ravaged log . . .

. . . and a charred tree stump

I've always been a fan of this
Life Guard Station

Paddling in the morning is
another good form of exercise

Outriggers and Hawaii
just seem right for each other

It's going to be a GLORIOUS day!

Surfers and a Paddle Boarder
co-existing peacefully

Looked good but closed

The quaint Light of the World Church

I want one!

I was across the street from Starbucks at exactly 8:00 a.m. and joined the Maui Friends Group made up of fellow Snow Birds, like Mark and Susie, who hail from Canada, Oregon and Washington. It's a feel good fellowship group of friends who always welcome us into their circle when we are in Kihei.

After the morning's coffee klatch broke up, we headed to nearby Charley Young Beach where we were led to believe that there was a sand sculpture art show in progress.

The view of Charley Young Beach
to the North was fruitless . . .

. . . as was the vista to the South

We had been misinformed but the views of this beach prodded us to put on our swim suits once we were back at the condo.

Our little Kama'Ole III Beach
was SPECTACULAR today

A great spot to hang out . . .

. . . with these two youngsters

As if these two weren't enough fun, we met a new friend too.

Meet our newest Hawaiian buddy,
Tommy Turtle from Tacoma, Washington

He crawled out of the PacificOcean
to share some quality time with us

Our day and stay were
coming to an end

One last Sunset but . . .

. . . we still had time after dinner
for a dip in the pool . . .

. . . and some time in the hot tub

As usual . . .
LIFE IS GOOD!

The latest Spanish DI Standings

With a 5-0 record in the Spanish eight game regular season, the Las Rozas Black Demons are easily running away with the Western Conference crown.

In the Eastern Conference, the Terrassa Reds (3-0), Valencia Firebats (3-1) and Badalona Dracs (3-1-1) are all still in the hunt for the conference title.

Sounds like I have to get
to the gym soon

Making America Great Again

I did my part, how about you?

After a fun, relaxing week on Maui, we'll be heading home tomorrow morning.

Susie and Mark Johnson, THANK YOU for the hospitality as always.

No comments: