Friday, May 1, 2026
This Friday started out like every other day for me since the start of my dieting last January, with my daily weigh-in.
The month of April was a tough one for me as I had plateaued in my weight loss efforts.
Today though I was most happy to see my weight at its lowest point of 2026! I have now lost an even 12.0 kilos which is 26.5 pounds.
My original goal was to meet a goal on my birthday, July 7th, which will require me to lose another 10.5 kilos in the next two months.
Given April's plateauing, this is going to be a hard goal to reach.
Still, it was May 1st . . .
. . . the International
Day of the Worker
A day for much celebrating in the known pro-labor parts of the world.
We needed to celebrate my good weigh-in today, so after dropping off the grandkids at their respective citadels of learning, we opted to break all dietary protocols and go out for breakfast.
Our choice was Camarillo's
Estabalos Meat Market for two
of their sinful breakfast burritos
Estabalos welcomed us warmly
Laurie decided on their bacon breakfast burrito while, if I was going to step way outside of my strict diet, I was going to go WHOLE HOG!
I ordered the chorizo breakfast burrito with their hottest salsa to boot!
When our French friend, Julien Urgenti, visits us in November, we are definitely taking him to Estabalos.
After ordering, we walked through the Estabalos' Latino food oriented market awaiting our feast.
Lots of good Latino based products
Exotic meats too
![]() |
| All sorts of hot chilies |
Cookies from all around
the Latino world
It is here, at the back of Estabalos . . .
. . . that the burrito magic happens
Chicharróns
Fried Pork Belly Rinds
YUM!
As for their meats . . .
. . . they all looked good but
our burritos were ready
Laurie grabbed us a table in the
market's dining room . . .
. . . and then got overpowered
by her bacon breakfast burrito!
She took most of it home to munch on over the next few days.
Much like a man who has been rescued after being adrift in the South Pacific Ocean for a four months, I devoured my chorizo breakfast burrito in haste.
SO GOOD!
Spending a good amount of time in a Latino market got my mind wandering again . . .
Laurie wants to go to Lima and
I would be good with that
Of course, she quickly declared that
a return to Spain would be good
No argument here.
Of course, a return to Sicily
would do wonders for our souls
By the way, the €3.00 Pane con la Milza that Palermo is famous for is a Spleen Sandwich.
I ate one once.
Never again.
Never again.
I must acknowledge avid blog follower/groupie, Paul Sabolić, for responding to yesterday's plea for help with a possible travel itinerary to Croatia. He is indeed of Croatian heritage and came up with some great ideas.
HVALA, PAUL!
All TRUE!
And we are pissing off many
Cubans via our current regimes'
foreign policy
But probably not the hard core, right wing Cuban-Americans in Florida.
The stranglehold on Cuba's economy after the USA's incursion into Venezuela has had drastic effects on the day-to-day lives of the Cuban people.
ABC's David Muir reported today that gasoline in Cuba now costs $40 per gallon!
Farmers can't get their produce to market, their is virtually no power to light cities at night and people are starving.
This is not a good situation in any way, shape or form for the Cuban population.
This is not a good situation in any way, shape or form for the Cuban population.
Washington has had
eight Losing Seasons since 2000
Great thoughts, if we don't
then someday soon . . .
. . . our Glorious Leader may be
displaying his many new
Olympic Gold Medals for Lying
Oh well, Happy Day of
the International Worker!
Reading Is FUNdamental!
Much more of a good
short story than a book
The literary analysis in this book of O'Connor's short story made up 75% of the tome.
I liked it but, then again, I didn't overthink it.

























1 comment:
Estabalos Meat Market looks good to me.But I really need to start a diet BEFORE coming to Camarillo.
Post a Comment