Tues.-Thurs., May 12-14, 2026
We were out and about much more than usual this week.
It started with a trip to quaint, artsy, eclectic Ojai on Taco Tuesday.
Ojai's iconic U.S. Post Office
An old school bicycle shop . . .
. . . REALLY old school
An example of what makes
Ojai eclectic
At last, our desired spot for . . .
. . . Taco Tuesday!
I ordered their al pastor taco which I found to contain THE BEST al pastor meat that I've ever tasted!
We'll be back here again sometime soon for sure.
I like used bookstores and Bart's
is one of the best in Ventura County
I was on the hunt for some Time-Life Civil War books that were originally published between 1983 and 1987.
Bart's didn't have any but we found some latter at another used bookstore in Ventura on the way home.
Of course Ojai has a
Crystal Corner shop
Looked like a lovely spot
for a getaway weekend in Ojai
A relaxing fountain
We each had a small cup
Moderation in all things.
Delicious.
What kind of customers do they have?
Six of the Civil War books that I found
in Ventura that Michael and Jacob
were missing
Perfect when we dropped them off on Wednesday morning as they . . .
. . . had already set up a mock battle
in the kitchen
It may have been the Battle of Franklin, Tennessee that they'll be reenacting in the Volunteer State next October.
Feeling frisky, Laurie and I
had breakfast at Camarillo's
own Cracker Barrel restaurant
Comfort food that was good but not great.
Laurie loves browsing in their gift shop.
So do I for that matter.
On to a high school C.I.F.-Southern Section DII opening round baseball game with Michael.
Newbury Park H.S. Panthers
17-11 Overall, 8-7 League
Third Place in the six team Marmonte League
Ranked 84th in California
at
Chaminade Prep H.S. Eagles
17-11 Overall, 7-10 League
Sixth Place in the eight team Mission League
Ranked 36th in California
Chaminade's rectangular field
Only 265 feet down the right
field line but with 30 foot high
netting to keep balls in the park
Because of this short porch, we saw a rare putout today on a throw from the right fielder to the first baseman that nipped the runner. A truly rare 9-3 putout.
The left field foul pole was
about 5,000 feet from home plate
The seven inning game lasted three hours and thirty minutes.
The final out of the game was a bases loaded strikeout looking that sealed a crazy game won by Chaminade, 10-9.
What's going on in EuroBall?
The Spanish DII Playoffs
start this weekend
Italy's DI Standings
Lots can change in the final
three weekends of games
Only two DI games in
Italy both on Saturday
Italian DII Standings
This weekend's Italian DII
games, two on Saturday and
two more on Sunday
Italian DIII Standings
Girones A & B
Italian DIII Standings
Girones C & D
Italian DIII Standings
Girones E & F
Saturday's DIII games
Sunday's DIII games
The European Football Alliance
season starts this weekend
Mostalgia
I may have to revisit this old
Camarillo restaurant soon
Camarillo is buzzing with
lots of activities this Summer
WHERE DO I SIGN UP?
As a recent fortune cookie informed me, "You have a captivating style all your own."
As you can tell, it was a joyous couple of days.




































No comments:
Post a Comment