Martes, Cinco de Mayo, 2026
Normally, this would be a day to celebrate Mexico's victory over an unnamed imperial force on this date at the Battle of Puebla in 1862.
But today, we were a tad worried
about the alignment of the stars
I had to run an errand in Ventura and took advantage of the opportunity to further my physical fitness by walking in this glorious beach city's pedestrian only downtown.
I had never been to it, so I entered
Make that, ATTEMPTED to enter
The museum is closed on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Next time.
Across the street from the
Museum of Ventura County
Also closed today, keep walking.
The walk up Valdez Alley was
OPEN!
Looking back towards the
Museunm of Ventura County
from atop Valdez Alley
An ancient water filtration station
San Buenaventura Mission
I've always liked this fountain next to . . .
. . . Peirano's Market & Delicatessen
I've always enjoyed shopping here but, unfortunately, like many brick and mortar stores in these ever dangerous economic times, Peirano's appears to now be permanently closed.
Not good.
Two Desperados guarding a
candy store
My view at Ventura's Palermo
Coffee store while sipping one of
their delicious cappuccinos
This landmark bar is open
and doing booming business
What was this unmanned, wide
open bookshop doing here?
AHA!
A take a book, leave a book
Community Library
Interesting looking but it did
not open until later in the day
Ruins behind the
Museum of Ventura County
My walked finished, my phone app had recorded over 5,000 steps on this fine stroll.
Not bad, but . . .
This would be much more to my
liking and an accurate depiction
of a typical day on vacation for me
In a moment of karma, a map app
appeared on my Facebook feed today
The purple shaded countries are the ones that I have visited over the years.
I need to visit more of Africa and Asia and all of Australia too.
Laurie likes this route as
our next possible excursion
Perhaps a trip to Colombia
is in the offing as well
If you are in Prague next Sunday,
a U19 game between the
Czech Republic and Spain
is a possibility
A "Feel Good" story
Aaron Rodgers has donated $15,000 to support this high school game between two teams whose communities were both devastated by wildfires in the past few years.
A fine gesture by Rodgers in my opinion.
Washington's 333 all-time
NFL draft picks ranks the Huskies
16th amongst universities
That's third best on the West Coast behind USC's 536 and UCLA's 344.
Washington's 31 all-time First Round
NFL draft picks rank the Huskies
21st on this list
The Dawgs trail their same two Pacific Coast mates on this list too, USC with 87 and UCLA with 37.
A trip to Sn Diego may be in order,
Laurie LOVES chicken pot pies
You know, my DNA results show
that I have 5% Aztec Warrior blood
Lots of Mayan tribes on this map but no Aztecs.
Fake news?
Laurie and I had a fine
Cinco de Mayo
We both hope that you did as well.




























No comments:
Post a Comment