Saturday, July 4, 2026

Civil War Reenactment Updates From Astoria, Oregon


Friday, July 3, 2026

We spent the day recuperating from our Desert Adventure.

I, for one, struggled with the fact that I had gained 3.4 kilos/7.5 lbs. during the non-stop feasting in La Quinta over the past few days.

Delicious but definitely, NOT GOOD!

I was back on the diet as of this morning.

While we were recovering, news kept arriving from the city of Astoria, Oregon.

The Northwest Civil War Council's
Battle for Clatsop County

Our family of Civil War Reenactors was in the Pacific Northwest for a weekend of battles.

Welcomed dispatches from their remote outpost arrived constantly.
 
Jacob and Michael were
fighting for the Union today

As usual, they were happy
to be with fellow reenactors

At just 14, celebrating the
250th Anniversary of the USA
in a living history kind of way

This soldier is, as his Grandfather
Jorge used to say, a Bicentennial Baby

Young Mary visiting the troops

She might be part of an early USO group.

Girls . . .

. . . just . . .

. . . want to have FUN!

Back home, Laurie was getting
into the Fourth of July spirit

Thoughts from the net . . .

Sad to report that I have only
dined at one of these highly ranked
spots, Moo's Craft Barbecue

Perhaps I've found my Summer 2026 assignment.

No, wait, I need to get back on my diet.

I am a Birthright Citizen

Does Our Glorious Leader and ICE know about my citizenship status?

Of course, much of the day was spent watching the last three games of the World Cup's Round of 32 play.

Today's results were:

Egypt (2-0-2) advances beating
Australia (1-2-1), 4-2 in a Penalty Kick
Shootout after tying 1-1 in regulation

Argentina (4-0) won a thriller over
Cape Verde (0-1-3), 3-2

Egypt (2-0-2) and Argentina (4-0) will
play each other on July 7th in a
Round of 16 match-up

Colombia (3-0-1) edged Ghana (1-2-1),
1-0, and will now face Switzerland (3-0-1)
in a Round of 16 contest on July 7th

The World Cup started with
48 teams, now we're down
to just 16

Tomorrow is the Fourth of July and the 250th Anniversary of the birth of our nation. We hope that you all enjoy the day with family and friends and I pray that I don't overeat again on the day's joyous holiday feasting.

No comments: