Fri.-Sun., Dec. 26-28, 2025
Our post-Christmas weekend was, thankfully, a fairly quiet one.
There still was a lot to smile about though.
This "Forrest Gump" Christmas
brought one of those smiles to me
I forgot to mention our newest Christmas tree ornament that I purchased in Bilbao, Spain last Winter.
El Caganer is a traditional Christmas ornament often found in Spanish Nativity scenes of the manger depicting a peasant defecating in a field as a sign of fertility for the surrounding lands in the coming year.
On Christmas Day, we had Mary and Jacob hang El Caganer up on our tree.
Nothing says agricultural fertility
more than . . .
. . . El Caganer taking a dump
al fresco!
Jacob was a tad hesitant but Mary was all in on the concept!
That's my girl!
On Saturday, Jacob and Michael came over to watch two college bowl games in which we were invested.
Both games were being played in the frigid Northeast in, of all things, major league baseball stadiums.
Penn State (6-6) vs. Clemson (7-5)
in New York City's Pinstripe Bowl
Early this season, our annual college football road trip took us to South Carolina to see the Clemson Tigers beat the Florida State Seminoles, 24-10.
The Tigers did not have enough
in the tank this Saturday
Connecticut (9-3) vs. Army (6-6)
in Boston's Fenway Bowl
Our 2023 college football weekend trip saw us go to picturesque West Point, New York where we saw the Black Knights of the Hudson get edged by the Boston College Eagles, 27-24.
I had another reason for watching the Fenway Bowl.
UConn had four foreign
players on their roster
One was Offensive Lineman Toluwanimi Tunde, hailed from the African nation of Nigeria.
The other three UConn Huskies were all products of EuroBall programs.
Oliver Lundberg Coleman is Running Back from Sweden, Alex Honig is a Tight End from Germany and Danny Antolovich is an Offensive Lineman from Switzerland.
EuroBall is growing in both numbers and quality.
The Black Knights were ON today!
News from the net . . .
Note that there are no players from
any Service Academy on this list
The Varese Skorpions made two announcements over the weekend about their 2026 imports.
A WR/DB and . . .
. . . of course, a QB
Why announce it just once . . .
. . . when you can do it twice!
The Coslada Camioneros are a
Spanish DI team located to a
Madrid suburb
In a bold for EuroBall move, the Canioneros will soon be part of a USA Community College model combining academics with football.
The NFL and IMG have started high school level academic/football academies in Europe in the past few years but this is the first that I've heard of at the community college level.
Interesting . . .
Much more of a tournament than
a league bringing together ten of the
best teams in Europe not connected to the
European League of Football
France's Thonon-Les-Bains
Black Panthers are the 2025 Champions
of the Central European Football League
The 2026 CEFL includes two clubs from England, two from Serbia and one each from France, Italy, Northern Ireland, Poland, Spain and Switzerland.
Good luck to all of them in this single elimination tournament.
Some random photos popped up this weekend on the net that I enjoyed . . .
Red "The Galloping Ghost" Grange
University of Illinois and Chicago Bear
LEGEND!
I absolutely LOVED that staged action shot at the bottom!
Autobiographical movie about my
all-time favorite L.A. Ram
Of course we have a copy of it in our humble abode.
It should have been a multi-Oscar award winner, in my opinion.
Somehow it wasn't.
On Monday, I'll start working
on this helpful list
So true, ROCK ON!
Any day now according to our
Glorious Leader
When I was teaching, I posited this
idea to my classes more than once
As I continue to mature,
I agree with this more daily
Reading Is FUNdamental!
I read one of Laurie's books that
drew me out of my comfort zone
It was quite good, so much so that as I write this, I'm listening to Jo Piazza's The Sicilian Inheritance podcast about the real life mystery that is the loose basis for her novel.
Fascinating . . .
























No comments:
Post a Comment