Thursday, November 13, 2025
Great news from Italy . . .
The Varese Skorpions have a
new Head Coach
It is Scott Savoie, on the left, with
his Bear River H.S. Co-Head Coach
These two coached together for nearly 30 years with tremendous success in Northern California.
In the early 1980s, Scott joined us at Westlake H.S. as a teacher and coach right after graduating from California Lutheran University.
He always impressed me with his enthusiasm, drive and desire to learn more about the game.
We had a few conversations over the past six months about the possibility of his coaching somewhere in the EuroBall scene.
I had received a message from Skorpions' SS/LB and Coach, Nicolas Principi, that the Varese eleven was looking for a new coach and got him in contact with Scott.
After Scott and Varese President, Enzo Petrillo, worked out the final details a deal was struck.
I cannot tell you how excited I am
about the 2026 Varese season with
Scott's expertise on board
We just may need to take a trip to Italy this Spring.
The Huskies desperately need
a win of any kind this week
I had no idea about this streak with
our new found Clemson team
Michael, Jacob and I will be at
both the infamous Brett Phillip's
Tailgate and the Moorpark-Ventura
game on Friday night
2028 L.A. Olympics, anyone?
We close with some dietary news from Julien Urgenti in Lyon, France.
I always lose about 20 lbs. on
our EuroBall Adventures
I firmly believe that this, plus walking everywhere, are the reasons.
Thursday was a good day.








No comments:
Post a Comment