Sunday, June 14, 2026
Today was a quiet one spent at home watching the Los Angeles Dodgers lose to the Chicago White Sox, 6-4.
We then drowned our sorrows by enjoying an excellent Detective Montalbano DVD set in Sicily titled Mirror Effect.
Finally, we opted to end our couch potato day engrossed in an NHL Finals game that saw the Carolina Hurricanes defeat the Vegas Golden Knights, 3-0, thus taking home the Lord Stanley's Cup by winning the Final Series, four games to two.
Even with her new cat, Gumball,
Laurie couldn't get the Dodgers
a much needed win
Of course, there were four games today in Europe's two new "Major Leagues."
Results from the European Football Alliance . . .
Copenhagen's Nordic Storm
flexing their muscles again in 2026
European Football Alliance Result
Nordic Storm (4-0) - 20
Frankfurt Galaxy (1-3) - 12
This one was closer than I'd anticipated.
European Football Alliance Result
Munich Ravens (4-0) - 45
Prague Lions (0-4) - 13
The Ravens have become a dominating team that last two years.
European Football Alliace Standings
A clear case of the Haves and Have Nots.
The American Football League of Europe also played two games today . . .
American Football League
of Europe Result
Wroclaw Panthers (3-1) - 50
Berlin Thunder (2-2) - 12
OUCH, I didn't see this score coming at all.
American Football League
of Europe Result
London Warriors (1-3) - 51
Firenze Red Lions (0-3) - 26
Someone had to win and it was not our friends with the Red Lions.
American Football League
of Europe Standings
Other than the expansion Red Lions, the South/East Conference looks to be the home of the AFLE's better teams.
In honor of Our Glorious Leader's 80th Birthday . . .
Agreed
Yes, I agree with this one too
Cuban dialect explained
Well, just a little of it at any rate.
I swear to goodness, I'm getting out of the house on Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment