Wed.-Fri., January 7-9, 2026
The national news continued its downward spiral the last few days with an ICE agent murdering a woman in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Will this ICE thuggery ever end?
Rather than ranting further, I'll move on to the CFP Semifinal Playoff games.
Then there were four
Thursday night's Semifinal,
#10 Miami Hurricanes (12-2)
Atlantic Coast Conference
vs.
#6 Ole Miss Rebels (13-1)
Southeastern Conference
GREAT game that came down
to the last play of the game
Miami, now 13-2, will be playing
for the National Championship
An advantage to be sure,
but who will they be playing?
We would find out of Friday night.
Sunrise over Camarillo on Friday
After dropping off Jacob at his middle school, I headed down to La Cañada-Flintridge for more or less monthly lunch with UW alums Paul Sabolić and Michael D'Antuono. As an added bonus, Michael's cousin Dominic joined us this time.
I was dining with three fun friends as we amazingly solved 90% of the world's problems in under two hours.
Hats off to us!
On the way home, I made a detour to . . .
Porto's Bakery in Northridge
AWESOME SPOT!
My next stop was in Camarillo to pick up our friends Debi Murphy and her sidekick Louise to watch Debi's grandson Holtz's Camarillo H.S. Frosh basketball game.
This one was a fast paced affair
The Camarillo Scorpions (18-1) beat
the Moorpark Musketeers, 57-47
Now I was on to Vanessa and Michael's home to view Friday night's CFP Semifinal Playoff game.
The usual suspects were in the house
Friday night's Semifinal,
#5 Oregon Ducks (13-1)
Big-10 Conference
vs.
#1 Indiana Hoosiers (14-0)
Big-10 Conference
On October 11th, these two powerhouse teams met in Eugene, Oregon with the Hoosiers winning, 30-20.
I expected this to be another hard fought Semifinal game with Indiana eventually winning in the Fourth Quarter.
I was wrong on both counts,
Indiana won easily and early,
leading the Ducks 35-7 at the Half
This about says it all
How did the historically downtrodden
Indiana football program suddenly
become such an unrelenting juggernaut?
Well, it these days of Collectives,
NIL and the Transfer Portal, this
might explain a few things
This is going to be a good one,
I'll go with Indiana to go 16-0
On to EuroBall news . . .
The big old-timers game is
fast approaching
The Varese Skorpions signed a
highly decorated Defensive Lineman
The Spanish DII season starts up again in earnest this coming weekend after having played three games in December.
Our Guadalajara Stings (0-1) need
a win over the Cantabia Bisons (0-0)
on Saturday
I've got no horse in either of
the Sunday games
Sweden's Carlstad Crusaders
are joining the ECFL this season
A random photo popped up on Facebook
of 1960's Rio Mesa H.S. RB star
Gary Dixon
Rams at Panthers on Saturday
The Raiders never cease to amaze me
with their ridiculous shenanigans
Finally, let's focus on the important stuff . . .
I admit it openly, I have
none, zip, zero self control
It's true you know
And I usually do
Jacob's first CYBA basketball scrimmage and the NFL Wild Card slate of games looms this weekend. Can't await.




























No comments:
Post a Comment