Thursday, June 16, 2016

Swedish Summer Strikes Anew


Thursday, 16 June, 2016:

After yesterday's warm, sunny day in Stockholm with Scott Doherty, today our old friend, Swedish Summer, returned.

The skies were overcast and drizzling the entire day so indoor activities ruled the agenda.

I spent the morning reading my latest book from the Upplands Väsby Public Library. It is another solid crime effort penned by Donna Leon and set in Venice, Italy. I should finish it tomorrow.

It was Thursday, which you may recall is traditionally Swedish pancake day all over the nation. Therefore, I was off to lunch at Thomas Kök & Catering for my fair helping of these delicious treats.

The GREAT people at
Thomas Kök & Catering

From L. to R.: Owner Thomas Takman whose sons Anton and Max are Warriors, El Jefe who is one of the cook's and hails from Chile and La Joven who is from Peru serves up the food.

Good food served daily by GREAT people, they have been very good to me these past two months! 

I keep forgetting to mention that
Pressbyrån serves a GREAT croissant

The Pressbyrån chain is similar to the 7-11 chain. Why their croissants are so good is mystifying but I'll go with it for a bit longer if you don't mind.

I boarded the train for the Sollentuna Centrum to do some shopping.

I found a Team Sweden Euro Cup 2016 t-shirt on sale. All Team Sweden paraphernalia was greatly reduced in price after their 1-1 tie with Ireland last Monday night.

Team Sweden is the decided underdog in Friday's game against Team Italy.

If things hold true to form, they may be giving Team Sweden gear away on Saturday.

Still, I hope the Swedes come through!

After getting a haircut and a beard trim, it was off to U11, U13 and U15 practices.

U11 QB Warming-Up

Today was the last day of school for these kids and the last U11 practice before their two month Summer break from American football.

CATCH IT!!! 

The weather did not help with the turnout tonight but those who came had a lot of fun!

 2-on-1 Get the Fumble Drill

Our Viking needs more work on his stance to be sure. This was a good, competitive drill tonight.

U11 Coaches

From L. to R.: Dan Pettersson (Vikings), me (Vikings at heart), Ryan Laurita (Packers) and Christos Karantzas (Packers)

Johan Lundqvist (Steelers), the Head Coach of the overall U11 program, was absent tonight.

I worked with the U13 team primarily on tackling drills for about 20 minutes between the U11 and U15 practices.

Thomas Andersson prepping the
U15s for Sunday's scrimmage
with the Uppsala 86ers

Offense stressing . . .

. . . the Veer

It was a good day to be in Sweden enjoying a little WARRIOR WEATHER!

1 comment:

David said...

If you see a good deal on Sweden's Euro 2106 away kit (the blue one), let me know.