Sunday, June 5, 2016

A Last Day in Hässleholm, Sweden


Sunday, 5 June, 2016:

The end of my weekend in the Skåne region in the South of Sweden was again a good one.

Adrian "A-Train" Cordeiro

The "A-Train" is my Main Man in Hässleholm when it comes to all things Transformers related.

My knowledge of the Decepticons, Megatron, Optimus Prime and Bumble Bee amongst many others, increased by leaps and bounds in the last two days.
  
 Katarina and Shawn Cordeiro
and sons Adrian and William

The Cordeiros were so gracious in hosting me this weekend! I can not begin to say THANK YOU enough to this family.

TACK SÅ MYCKET
CORDEIRO FAMILY!!!

After breakfast and good-byes at the Cordeiro's home, I was picked up by Hässleholm Hurricanes' veteran Center Johan Persson for lunch and fika at his home in the country.

Johan and his
daughter Cornelia

Dexter, the Persson's Boxer,
led us on a fun nature walk

The Persson's home is located about 50 meters from the edge of this forest.

Back at Johan and Marianne's home, I discovered that just like our son Andrew, Johan is a Star Wars Fan.

I don't think that this is accurate

That's a lot of statues

A glowing Millennium Falcon

Johan and Marianne Persson
with daughters Siri and Cornelia

Johan grilled up some great meat selections and Marianne made a delicious blueberry crumb cake for our fika.

It was a perfect ending to a great weekend.

TACK SÅ MYCKET
PERSSON FAMILY!!!

After a relaxing afternoon, it was time to head to Hässleholm Central to catch the 4:54 p.m. train back to Stockholm.

I had about 15 minutes to meander, so I did . . .

Jack Reacher in Swedish

Near Hassleholm Central

Hassleholm's Main Square

Hey, I'm looking GOOD!

Wounded Panther

Sleepy Panther

Hässleholm's Swedish Church

I'm not sure . . .

Kids at Play

Soaring with a Golden Globe

 The Hässleholm SubWay

In 2010, Laurie and I were returning to Hässleholm by train after week in Stockholm and cruising to Tallinn, St. Petersburg and Helsinki.

The four hour rail journey took about ten hours after our train broke down. When we finally arrived in Hässleholm tired and hungry, we found this SubWay which had opened during our week on the road. It was the only place open in town on a late Sunday night and as we knew that we had no food in our apartment, we were overjoyed to eat perhaps the best sandwich ever!

A recent fire in the apartments above this SubWay has forced a temporary closing of the sandwich shop while repairs are made.

Hej Do Hässleholm!

It was so wonderful to see so many people that mean so much to me over the last few days. This was a GREAT weekend!

No comments: