Friday, August 7, 2020

Another Typical Coronavirus Week

 

Tuesday-Friday, August 4-7, 2020


Much of this week was the same as the past three and one half months, staying close to home in a somewhat isolated state.

On Tuesday morning we bid
farewell to Las Vegas

Kevin, Jacob and Abby said goodbye and were all looking forward to our next family mini-meeting.

I would be remiss if I did not mention Laurie's Herculean efforts in our two approximately five hour drives across the desert to Las Vegas and back to Camarillo.

On both trips she made it without our needing to stop for even one of her usual two bathroom stops.

She was a Coronavirus Social Distancing champion to say the least.

In news from EuroBall . . .
Spain's Guadalajara Stings
got new, good looking
game jerseys!

I absolutely loved working with this grassroots team located about 35 miles north of Madrid!

Speaking of new jerseys . . .
Antonio Sessa, the owner of
the Made in Italy ristorante,
sporting the newest
Varese Skorpion game jersey

Antonio's place offers the most authentic Italian food in Ventura County in my opinion, but not at Italian prices.

Before I headed to Varese this year, I promised Antonio, who hales from Salerno, a jersey with his number and name on it. Skorpion jack-of-all-trades Pietro Caprioli sent me the jersey which finally arrived this week.

Antonio really liked his new jersey!

Reading Is FUNdamental!

If you love Sicily,

you'll love Camilleri


He has yet to disappoint me.


No comments: