Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Old Uniforms for a New Team in Italy

 

Tues. & Wed., March 15-16, 2022

I received another round of photos from one of the teams in EuroBall that we have recently helped by sending much needed used pants and jerseys for them to use as practice gear.

It always makes Laurie and I feel good to see that our efforts are truly helping struggling teams.

Today's photos are courtesy of the Caserta Steel Bucks located near Napoli, Italia.

The Steel Bucks will play 5-man
tackle football once their season starts

Like you I'm sure, I didn't know that there even was a 5-man brand of tackle football on the books.

Still, I'm glad that this new concept on the Italian American football scene exists to give new teams to form without the need for huge rosters just yet.

Looks like it's Westlake on Offense
and Agoura on Defense tonight

Running the ball always appeals
to me regardless of how many
players are on the field

That ball always attracts
a LOT of attention!

Drive your legs when tackling

The Caserta Steel Bucks
at the end of the night

A fun look at their practice can be seen here: 

The Mallorca Voltors (1-4) play this
Saturday at the Barberá Rookies (4-0)

My preparation continues . . .

Brazil's National Team Camp
will start next Monday in São Paulo

I still have a lot of packing, COVID-19 testing and paperwork to do before leaving for South America on Saturday to serve as the Onças' LB Coach.

We had a great Onças Defensive
Staff Zoom meeting today

That's Clayton Lovett the Onças' Defensive Coordinator on the top left and Defensive Backs Coach Casey Frost who joined me.

Defensive Line Coach J.P. Teran had a work commitment that excluded him from our introductory meeting.

I left this meeting feeling extremely positive about next week's camp based on what we discussed and the solid organizational plans that were made.

Reading Is FUNdamental!

ACTION PACKED!

Steve Berry is a truly great mystery/action novelist. I've enjoyed all 15 of his books that I've read to date.

No comments: