Monday, March 14, 2022

A Double Digit Birthday

 

Sunday, March 13, 2022

To say the least, it was a BEAUTIFUL day to prematurely celebrate grandson Jacob's tenth birthday.

Our busy day started on the pitch . . .

Jacob had another calico game
to play as part of his Spring League

A good battle for the ball

Working into the open field

Good body lean

The game was over but ours was certainly not.

Laurie and I passed on the opportunity to join Mary's Girl Scout group's field trip to the Moorpark College teaching Zoo in order to put the finishing touches on our home to celebrate Jacob's impending birthday properly.

Laurie always sets a festive table
on any and all special occasions

This included another of her delicious dinner creations.

To no one's surprise, Jacob wanted to open his presents from us the moment that he walked in the door.

After initially saying "NYET," we acquiesced as we all knew we would and let him open one of the two presents that we had for him.

Jacob was HAPPY
with the final decision

He was even happier with a new
Nerf Weapon of Mass Destruction
to add to his arsenal

Laurie baked Jacob a cake

We were all in EXCEPTIONAL
singing voice today!

Jacob opened his second present after we all had our cake.

He was over the moon for a
Los Angeles Rams jersey of
his favorite player . . .

. . . DL Aaron Donald!

I think that we all enjoyed an extremely full day.

Meanwhile, back on the EuroBall front . . .

Poland's Sieradz Warriors sporting
their new jerseys and pants courtesy
of Agoura and Westlake High schools

In my previous post I included a similar team photo of Poland's Zabki Dukes wearing similar donated clothing from our two local high schools.

Wouldn't you know it, this past weekend the Warriors and Dukes scrimmaged each other. 

The Dukes opted for their traditional
white jerseys and black pants

As you can see, the Warriors, on offense here, were all in on their Agoura HS and Westlake HS gear.

Agoura jersey with Westlake pants
as the Sieradz Warriors made
their fashion statement

The upcoming week for me will be largely taken up with preparations for my assignment next week as the Linebackers Coach for the Brazilian National Men's team, the Onças (Jaguars).

I got my defensive playbook today and we will have at least one staff meeting on Zoom before I fly to São Paulo via Santiago de Chile for my first ever foray to South America.

I should probably consider packing too.

I have already packed a bag with 50 more Agoura/Westlake pants to donate to a needy Brazilian team or two once I arrive.
 
The Confederação Brasileira de
Futebol Americano

This is the governing body that rules over everything in Brazil regarding American football including our week long Brazilian National Team Camp.

YES, I'm ready!

Now if I can just avoid getting
eaten by one of these real onças
while walking around São Paulo . . .

No comments: