Sunday, June 7, 2020

A Day of Remembrance


Saturday, June 6, 2020

Seventy-six years ago today, the Allies stormed the French beaches in Normandy signaling the beginning of the final phase of WWII in Europe.

 I have had three opportunities
to visit Normandy over the past decade

Each trip has been overwhelmingly emotional.

Omaha Beach

The American Cemetery
on the bluff above Omaha Beach

Utah Beach

If you are at all a history buff then a trip to the D-Day beaches is a must!

The Anti-Police Brutality/Black Lives Matter demonstrations continued today all across the USA as they need to.

I got a present in the mail today . . .

An OFFICIAL Varese Skorpions
Face Mask

A big GRAZIE to Skorpions man-of-all-trades Pietro Caprioli for sending me my new anti-Covid-19 device.

In news from the net . . .

Couldn't agree more!

I loved watching AFL games
on TV growing up

My Hero!

Svelte New York Jets Offensive Tackle Sherman Plunkett was my favorite player back in those days of youthful bliss. 

Indeed, but Black Lives Matter
much more today

No comments: