Saturday, March 21, 2020

Still Bunker Bound


Saturday, 21 March, 2020

Iwas Day XIII of the Lockdown.

It should have been a
Skorpions Game Day

We were scheduled to host the Modena Vipers tonight in our third contest of the 2020 season.

Of course, all of our games to date have been postponed because of the Coronavirus.

Oh well, speaking of the Coronavirus . . .

 These newest Italian statistics
are not encouraging at all

Oh boy . . .

Still, I'll keep doing this

Here are my statistics in The Bunker using the STAY AT HOME method of combatting COVID-19:

Bunker Population = 1
Bunker Infections = 0
Bunker Deaths = 0

A small sample I know but . . .

IT'S WORKING FOR ME!

Good neighbors are a wonderful thing.

Federica and Santa Barbara rang my doorbell at a reasonable hour this morning.

Why?

They made me a cappuccino and
a chocolate brioche that would make
my friends in Lyon, France smile

AWESOME!

In the late afternoon, my doorbell rang again. It was Santa Barbara with more fun news.

I needed to close all of my windows and doors immediately.

They already were but why her frantic announcement?

It seems that there was a fire at a chemical plant about ten miles from here and there was concern on where the wind might take the fumes and smoke.

The air seemed fine all afternoon but it was potentially just another brick in the load.

Most of my afternoon was spent watching vintage black and white mysteries on YouTube.

Sherlock Holmes in 1945

Sherlock Holmes in 1944

Philo Vance in 1933

My final thought of the evening came courtesy of a photo on FaceBook.

This was the photo

Our son Andrew and grandson Kevin are Oakland/Los Angeles/Oakland/Las Vegas Raiders fans. I'm hoping that their wife/Mom Jennifer is still openminded on the subject.

With the Raiders moving to Las Vegas starting this coming campaign, if we have an NFL season, I was wondering if season tickets would still be selling for $28 each.

Andy said that the price of a season ducat would be slightly higher than back in 1961.

What will Sunday bring . . .

No comments: