Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Another Day Spent Meditating and Celebrating!


Wednesday, 18 March, 2020

First, today was a day of CELEBRATION!

Eight years ago today, we welcomed our second Grandson, Jacob, into the world.

Jacob's first photo

 Laurie with newborn Jacob

I was coaching the Thun Tigers in Switzerland when Jacob was born. As always, thank goodness for computers and iPhones for keeping me in the loop.

Like his Father and Grandfather,
Jacob is a Rams fan

Thus he is insured of a lifetime of NFL suffering like his ancestors.

Jacob ain't afraid of no ghosts!

Nice mustache Mr. Red

 GO DAWGS!

He ate breakfast in bed today

How Bohemian!

We had a good FaceTime talk today

Jacob loves to read and one of his birthday presents was a box full of books like this one with various tomes on different historical eras.

I explained to him that the Romans were not all that rotten.

A Happy 8th Birthday
to my Partner in Crime!

Now as for me, Bunker life becomes more routine each day.

I'm even thinking of a
getting a tonsure cut

Yes, monastic life is starting to agree with me.

Now if I can only grow enough hair to pull off the tonsure look.

So what did I do this Wednesday?

The usual . . .

. . . my day in The Bunker always
starts off with five minutes in my
Decontamination Chamber

Note the bidet to the left ready to spring into action if needed.

Santa Barbara provides

She dropped off all of these gloves for me to use whenever I leave The Bunker and venture out to our exotic Esselunga Supermarket.

Speaking of leaving The Bunker . . .

 I downloaded this form letter
that I must fill out and have with
me anytime I leave The Bunker
for possible police inspection

I made several copies just in case I go out anytime soon.

How cool will it be if I ever get pulled over and the policeman says, "Papers, please."

Just like in the movie Casablanca.

Senerey De los Santos

Senerey was one of my Criminal Justice students when I taught that class at Rio Mesa H.S. several years ago.

She is now an award winning news reporter for the KEYT, the TV station in Santa Barbara, California.

It is in that capacity that today we set up a FaceBook Messaging phone call. She wanted to interview me about how life is progressing here in northern Italy and what it means to the people back home in the USA.

I think that it went well, we'll see.

My final thought of the day . . .

. . . I agree 100%

No matter what Defcon Level your city or state is using, God forbid that the Federal Government mandated anything, just STAY AT HOME!

It is the only way to slow down this "hoax" (Mr. Trump's word not mine) of a pandemic unless you can come up with a better idea.

No comments: