Thursday, March 26, 2020

I Burned Few Calories While Committing the Sin of Sloth


Wednesday, 25 March, 2020

Day XVII of our National Italian Lockdown . . .

Today was a 100% day of sloth for me, no two ways about it.

Still, I was productive in terms of my soul while committing one of the Seven Deadly Sins.

Here in Lombardia,
this is a daily mantra

Now, you ask, how could being slothful be productive for my soul?

Easy really, I have embraced the thing that I am constantly railing against with young people . . .

. . . the OVERUSE of the internet

While locked down in The Bunker, my iPhone and my MacBook Pro computer have become wonderful tools for communicating with friends and family during these Coronavirus dominated time.

FaceBook certainly has been a source of information, some believable, some outrageous.

It is an interesting platform to say the least. 

Then there is FaceTime phone calls

Now this is truly a wonderful invention.

Over the last couple of days I've had FaceTime conversations with people in California, Nevada, New York, Romania, Spain, Sweden and Washington.

Besides getting to see Laurie, our sons, their wives and the grandkids, I've also connected with people that I have not talked with in a long time.

This is a definite silver lining to the cloud that otherwise suppresses us these days.

Do yourself a favor and call an old friend today, they are probably at home.

One of the people that I spoke with today was Mike D'Antuono who strongly recommended that I finally start using my computer to connect to a host of series made after 1945 and in color that will keep me glued to my couch during the Lockdown.

 So, for the first time, I used
this intriguing app

I watched Season 1, Episode 1
late this evening on Netflix

It was a really good program about this disgraced Irish cop's unrelenting search for justice!

My only concern is will Jack Taylor's liver make it through the end of Season 1?

For many of us throughout the world,
this is probably a relevant description
during our various stages of Lockdown

That reminds me, I need to start
working on Sunday's shopping list

 Then there is the ongoing brouhaha
over the new Los Angeles Rams logo

I'm still a fan of the 1951 and 1970 logos.

This ongoing discussion helps break up the somber mood on FaceBook and I'm not against that.

What would Elroy "Crazylegs" Hirsch
say about the logo?

He was my favorite Ram back in the 1950s after attending a one day sports camp at San Marino H.S. when I was about nine years old and he was our guest speaker.

It got me to thinking . . .

. . . will the Huskies be able to play
in the Fall being that Seattle is
America's Coronavirus epicenter?

I hope we'll all be back to some semblance of normalcy by September . . .

Netflix, here I come!

No comments: