Friday, March 27, 2020

A Somewhat Trip on the Wild Side


Thursday, 26 March, 2020

Coronavirus Lockdown Day XVIII . . .

I continue to struggle with many things to say about my current life in The Bunker.

 The signs of hope are
all around us in Italia

I needed a brioche badly, so I boldly ventured to the Panificio Ducale for a couple and a loaf of fresh baked bread too.

Since I was already out, I stopped by a pharmacy to see if they had received any new face masks.

"Our Face Mask Supply Is Exhausted"

I returned to The Bunker, scarfed down the two brioches (one honey filled, the other apple) and watched Season 1, Episode 2 of Jack Taylor on Netflix.

I really like this series and its lead character but I feel like I have to detox after each episode watching Jack's drinking habits. One episode a day will be enough for now, thank you.

Ahh, the Irish . . .

Isn't this the truth!

In the evening, I opened up
this nice bottle of Italian wine
and enjoyed some with dinner

Now I'm starting to drink alone, I wonder if this is how Jack Taylor got started?

EuroBall News!

While only Switzerland and France have actually cancelled their entire 2020 seasons, the rest of our collective EuroBall seasons remain in limbo.

The Norwegian Federation did make a good move, I believe, in announcing that it has postponed its Spring season all the way until September at the earliest.

For us here in Italia, we continue to wait for FIDAF to make some kind of an announcement as to what they are considering.

On FIDAF's official website, they still list games to be played in DII on the weekends of March 21, 28, April 4, 11 and 18 even though we are on National Lockdown until at least April 15th and can not practice.

Speaking of April 15th, on that date it will have been 43 days since our last Skorpions practice.

Additionally, because the Lockdown started a bit piecemeal at first, on April 15th we will have only had two practices in the past 55 days.

Because of safety concerns, we will definitely will need some time to get the troops back in football shape before playing a game.

How long would FIDAF give us, if we start up again this Spring? Who knows?

A little information would be nice.

Stay tuned . . .

2 comments:

David said...

I have two theories why you haven't heard from FIDAF:

1. The person who is supposed to relay the information is confused, thinks COVID-19 is a computer virus, and isn't about to touch his keyboard.

2. The person who needs to make the decision is still in line at the post office.

George said...

Euros to Brioches, I'm betting la casa on Number 2!