Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Back on the Field Tuesday


Tuesday, 3 March, 2020

Things looked better today in Varese.

First, the Public Library re-opened
after being closed for over a week

Of course, all was not as usual

First, Federica the Librarian was seated at a table in the entryway with sanitary wipes. She told me to stop at the doorway until the man in front of me was finished disinfecting his hands.

Once I was again cleansed, I turned left at her table to return my now overdue book and DVD. They did not charge me since they were closed due to the Coronavirus outbreak so I couldn't return them.

I did notice that a large table now sat in front of the return desk to further limit librarian-reader contact.

Note that the nearest librarian station has been completely closed off by use of the high-tech chairs and the equally impenetrable green cloth barrier.

The grotto just outside the library

Another good sign was . . .

. . . the FaceBook publishing of
our Skorpions Varese 2020 schedule

We hope to open our season this coming Sunday afternoon in Savona against the Pirates. We will be allowed to use the locker rooms in Savona's stadium but no fans will be allowed to attend the game.

Let's see how the Coronavirus countermeasures progress in the next few days as it pertains to sporting events.

The Skorpions
PRACTICED TONIGHT!

Laura Latera running the rock
during our Women's flag team training

Women's flag team Pursuit Drill

We had a GREAT turnout and a
sharp workout tonight with the
Prima Squadra

Damn good pass blocking for
QB Mathias Masini

Even though we could not use the locker rooms, I think our players were happy to be back on the field playing the sport that they love passionately.

Now if we can only play a game on Sunday . . .

No comments: