Tuesday, March 31, 2020

A Magical Day!


Tuesday, 31 March, 2020

Day XXII of the Great Italian Lockdown saw me lawlessly breaking the PRIME DIRECTIVE.

It was my 80th day living in Varese this year and I felt brave enough to venture outside on this overcast afternoon to dump the house trash.

It was MAGICAL!

Such are the rewards of life in The Bunker.

Isn't this the absolute truth!

The news on the Coronavirus
front in Sicily is not good

The Coronavirus outbreak in Italy started in the northern region of Lombardia where I reside. Now the southern half of Italy is starting to see the growth of this deadly disease.

Not good.

There was some good news today
courtesy of Federica Nardi

Arguably Varese's finest Gelateria, Dulce Argentina, is now taking on-line orders via WhatsApp for home deliveries.

I told you it was a magical day.

Such a "Presidential" statement by Ike

As for my TV viewing today, I started off in the here and now of Netflix.

It was Season 1, Episode 5

Taking a page from our Commander-in-Chief, I take no responsibility for again watching this dark, Irish detective series.

I blame friend Mike D'Atuono 100% for the psychotic state I'm in after watching each of these 90 minute shows. After all, he is the one who suggested that I watch this series to bolster my spirits during the Lockdown.

Oh, by the way, I was once again embarrassed and mad to be a Roman Catholic after watching this story based on the Church in Ireland.

 In the evening, I watched
this 1939 Classic

It was uplifting.

With Easter now less than two weeks away . . .

. . . this was inevitable

Now, what will I do for kicks tomorrow . . .

3 comments:

David said...

Can you check and see how far they'll go on the gelato deliveries?

George said...

David,

Argentina will deliver within a 3,500 mile radius of their store in Varese.

David said...

Curses! I'm 4,400 mile away.