Friday, January 10, 2020

A Busy, BUSY Last Three Days Before Flying to Italy


Wednesday, January 8 -
Friday, January 10, 2020

As the days continued to dwindle before my American Airlines flight on Saturday morning to Milan's Malpensa Airport via New York City's JFK Airport, my agenda seemingly grew non-stop.

Wednesday was all about continuing to pack my bags with the usual help of our son Michael who earned a minor in college in Precise Techniques of Geometrical Luggage Stuffing.

One final 90 minute indulgence at our local Massage Envy Spa was of great benefit on this day as well.

Thursday was another action packed day that started off with a final Italian Conversation class at the Conejo Valley Adult School. Our teacher, Elisa Degli Angeli-Henke, does a GREAT job every week leading about a dozen of us down the path to bi-lingual expertise. Her class is a highlight of my week.

After class, I had a chance to share a meal at Thousand Oaks' Made in Italy restaurant with long time friend David Lassen. David was an excellent sports journalist for many years in Ventura County who covered our teams at Westlake H.S. when I was the Head Coach of the Warriors. He now works for Trains magazine out of Milwaukie, Wisconsin. It was great to break bread with him again.

In the evening it was time to say good-bye to our lifelong friend Debi Murphy over yet another dining table. Always good to share a smile with her and her family.

Finally, on Friday I finished packing at last before heading down to BJ's Restaurant in Burbank to have lunch with this blog's top two readers, Paul Sabolic and Mike D'Antuono.

Great fun.

After lunch, I headed over to San Marino to say farewell to my Mother and my sister Marilyn. It's not easy getting old.

By the time I got back to Camarillo I was tired but Laurie and I had one last task.

A movie date with Mike and Vanessa

Amazing cinematography combined with stark realism made for some powerful scenes.

So, that's it for my latest six month tour living in California.

At 7:00 a.m. at the Los Angeles International Airport, my six month EuroBall Experience XVII begins.

Stay tuned . . .

1 comment:

David said...

Looking forward to following the next chapter in your adventure.