Thursday, April 4, 2019

A Rainy Stay at Home Day


Thursday, 4 April, 2019

The first thing I noticed as I walked out my front door this morning on my way to my habitual cappuccino and brioche breakfast was that it was still overcast, damp and drizzling.

 See what I mean?

A quick look at my iPhone's weather app informed me that we would have precipitation all day and night.

Thus forewarned, and knowing that I would be on Skorpion Field getting soaked for four hours tonight, I decided to stay dry today by stay at home reading and working on my computer.

I was excited to find this info on-line today announcing another chapter in . . .

. . . Europe Warriors history

A November 24th, 2019, U18 game in Vienna against the Austrian National Team. It should be an interesting match-up.

This will be the Warriors first game in Europe as the previous three games in our history were all played . . . "south of the border, down Mexico way."

In the evening, with the rain still coming down steadily, we started practice at the usual 6:30 p.m., but with only the U15 flag team taking the field.

The U16 tackle team opted for a weight training and video session indoors tonight only.

Wise move Coach Bumba!

Our U13, U17 and Women's flag teams did not practice tonight.

 The Sun ALWAYS shines on
U15 WR Melissa Espino

Melissa in a flag tackling drill

Let's take a closer look at
this flag tackling drill

Don't you just love the sound of cleats slogging through the mud?


At 8:00 p.m., it was time before our last Prima Squadra practice before our important game against the also 2-1 Cernusco Daemons.

We worked hard on this new tackling
drill that we found on YouTube

It seemed to work just fine from what our players said.

We were not as sharp offensively tonight as we were on Tuesday but we did communicate better on defense and seemed to have a good grasp of our keys for Saturday night's contest.

Our long Kicking Game session tonight was indeed productive in my opinion.

Hopefully our players will spend the needed time the next two days studying the Daemons videos on HUDL.

"The hay is in the barn."

No comments: