Wednesday, February 26, 2020

I Stepped Out of Quarantine Today . . .


Wednesday, 26 February, 2020

I needed to get out of the Villa Skorpion II.

Thus, I gladly accepted an invitation to lunch with a couple of players despite the Coronavirus threat.

We were to meet at Ripoli, a popular restaurant in Old Town Varese. I had gone there for lunch a few times last year and found the food to be wonderful if you could get a table.

It is considered to be one of Varese's best lunch time options and, without a reservation, dining here is difficult.

That remind's me, the Coronavirus
is dangerous to old people

Much like a crazed, pink baboon on a rampage.

As I walked to Ripoli I noticed
a definite lack of pedestrian traffic

If this outfit doesn't protect one
against the Coronavirus, nothing will!

When I arrived at Ripoli there were but two people dining in the restaurant. When our two players arrived we had a grand total of only five people dining with absolutely no need for reservations.

In an update, the other day I said on this blog that coffee bars were to close at 6:00 p.m., I was not 100%.

ALL bars must close at 6:00 p.m., while restaurants can stay open until their normal closing times.

It is believed that the normal activity in the typical bar scene is more likely to spread the Coronavirus than sitting at a dining table.

For a bar like the Skorpions' team bar, the Bella Vita, this is a tough regulation. This bar is only open at night so, in essence, it is simply closed, period.

On the walk back to my car after
a good lunch with two good men

Obviously not many shoppers and also not many stores were open due to the Coronavirus scare.

This reminded me that I probably
should get back into quarantine NOW!

Gorgeous sight but I've got to go

While waiting to cross the street at a red light, I saw three active public transit busses lined up bumper to bumper also waiting for the light to change. It must be understood that all of Varese's bus lines pass through Old Town and are usually quite crowded.

I looked into the first bus and there were no passengers. The second bus only had one passenger. The last bus was also lacking passengers.

Three buses, one passenger total . . .

Safe to say, the people of Varese are taking the quarantine guidelines seriously.

When I got home, I saw that the Skorpion FaceBook page had posted some photos from last season to get us in the mood for American football even if our season open game this coming Saturday has been re-scheduled for March 21st.

We did not practice last night due to the quarantine restrictions.

Hammer Time!

There is always one guy!

The Pit

The Skorpions Thursday night practice has been cancelled.

I'll end this post with a question . . .

Why don't ESPN commentators dress
like their Italian soccer counterparts?

No comments: