Friday, February 28, 2020

A Good Day to Work at Home


Friday, 28 February, 2020

With Coronavirus Countermeasures still in full effect in Lombardia, I spent a large portion of yet another day inside the Villa Skorpion II "smart working" and reading.

I did go out for about an hour to visit the world famous Pasticceria Marabelli for the usual morning fare.

 Serie A is following the
Coronavirus protocols at great
financial loss it would appear

The headline in today's paper confirms that this coming Sunday's huge game between Torino's Juventus team and Inter Milan will indeed be played but the stadium's doors will be closed to spectators.

How big is this game you ask?

Juventus (19-3-3) is in first place in the 20 team Serie A table with 60 team points based on three points for a win and one point for a tie.

Inter (16-6-2) is in third place with 54 team points, only two games back in the standings.   

Remember that in Europe, a team's record is listed in this order: Wins-Ties-Losses.

Can you imagine the circumstances needed for a late season NFL game between say Kansas City and New England being played in purposely empty stadium?

After my cappuccino and brioche, a deep rich dark chocolate one today, I opted to go to the Villa Toeplitz just around the corner from the Pasticceria Marabelli to have a quiet read in an empty park.

The tree lined road that brought
me to the Villa Toeplitz

The entry gate to the Villa
on this gorgeous day

The Villa Toeplitz's observatory

 The view from my bench while I read

The trees are about to explode
with new blossoms

So are the bushes

An ornate window next
to my parking spot

Flowers were blooming back
at the Villa Skorpion II as well

The rest of my day was spent preparing for Saturday's practice and reviewing the Savona Pirates' videos to prepare our game plan for next week.

I really hope that we will be allowed to play but I certainly am aware that everyone's health must come first.

Reading Is FUNdamental!

I just love the entire
Inspector Montalbano series
by the recently deceased
Andrea Camilleri

All of these books are a joy to read as are the Italian TV movies from these books are to watch.

It will be good to be outside for a good amount of time again tomorrow.

No comments: