Wednesday, February 12, 2020

A New Skorpionmoblie and an Old One Too!


Wednesday, 12 February, 2020

It was a FABULOUS day for anyone out there that is a fan of the heady aroma of a new vehicle and of the Varese Skorpions!

The Skorpions were asked to assemble at
Varese's Autosalone Internazionale
at 11:30 a.m. today

This car dealership specializes in selling Jaguars and Land Rovers, definitely a high end business.

The reason for this confab was simple enough, they were giving the Skorpions a brand new Range Rover to use for the next six months.

WOW!

I was asked at one point if I wanted to use the new Skorpionmobile but I replied with an emphatic, "NO!"

The last thing I desired was a larger, gas guzzling auto on Italy's small roads and in even smaller parking spots.

I would hold out for the same Toyota Yaris Hybrid that we've used the last two seasons, grazie.

Of course we would have wine to
celebrate the new driving opportunities

We would eventually be provided with delicious sandwiches paired perfectly with the sparkling white wine.

But what about the Skorpionmobile . . .

It came literally off
of the showroom floor

FANTASTIC! 

Ceo, Stefano, Pietro and Raffa
representing the Skorpions with pride

The Skorpions with two of the
Autosalone Internazionale's
salespeople that were instrumental
in making this deal happen

Let's take it for a spin . . .

Looking GOOD!

At least they didn't crash on the
Skorpionmobile's maiden voyage

grazie!
Grazie!!
GRAZIE!!!
To everyone at the
Autosalone Internazionale

But what about my vehicle for the 2020 season?

My stylish Toyota Yaris Hybrid
looked great to me!

Skorpion Board of Directors member Enzo Petrillo took the Skorpionmobile home and once again gave me his wife Nency's ever reliable Toyota to use for the rest of our time in Italy.

 The Toyota was all clean
and shiny but wait, what's
that in the rear window?

Why it's one of those sharp
looking, new Skorpion decals

I used my new found, freedom amplifying car to go grocery shopping at the Esselunga Supermarket in the afternoon.

The extra benefit of shopping at the Esselunga is, of course, the bonus giveaway Star Wars figures.

Let's take a look at all of the figures that we've accumulated to date.

Our seven Good Guy figures are . . .

. . . badly outnumbered by the
forces of the Evil empire

The only good thing that evens the table a bit is knowing that six white clad Storm Troopers can't hit anything with their high-tech weapons.

In the evening I got called next door to help celebrate Federica Nardi's birthday.

GOODNESS GRACIOUS!

TANTI AUGURI FEDERICA!

Meanwhile, back in Anaheim, California . . .

$200 per person per day?

Jesus, Mary AND Joseph!

Finally on the Skorpion football front, new QB Coach Andrea Serpieri has volunteered to take over as Offensive Coordinator and I have agreed to let him take on the job.

I think this is the best decision for the team in order to have a successful season.

Stay tuned . . .

2 comments:

David said...

I'm concerned whether even you can handle as much "so good for you, too" as is shown in that photo of birthday treats.

George said...

I did NOT eat the entire tray, although that was on my mind.

I have lost 6.2 kilos/14.2 lbs. in the first 33 days in Italy, so I'm allowed a little leeway here from time to time.