Monday, March 8, 2021

A BIG Week of Tooth Loosing, Code Breaking and Vaccinating


Mon.-Sun., March 1-7, 2021

This was a good week for many reasons . . .

First of all, the sun rose in
the east seven glorious times

Second, we gorged ourselves on
AWESOME take-home street tacos
for lunch on Wednesday

Our grandson Jacob lost his
front tooth this week adding
to his treasure trove of
Tooth Fairy loot

We celebrated with a ride on
this AWESOME swing near his home

Let's take a look at one
of his death defying rides

The week's best from the net . . .

There are indeed day's when
this Covid induced feeling grips me

My St. Phillip the Apostle School
experience in Pasadena, California
is never far out of my subconscious

University of Washington
Class of 1969

I'm proud of my school.

The start of the Women's Football
season is just around the corner

At least two of our Europe Warriors Women's team members from our game in Mexico City in 2018 against the Mexican National team are on the San Diego Rebellion roster.

If fans are allowed, we're going!

Hopefully, we can pull this off next Fall

I just can't wait for the two Huskies games against Montana and Arkansas State.

They should both be corkers!

In Spain, our beloved Guadalajara
Stings (2-0) are at it again next weekend
against the Tenerife Helldogs (1-1)

Jacob was excited to help
Laurie in the garden with an
infusion of ladybugs

Hard at work, he asked me why
the male ones were still called
LADYbugs?
 
I had no answer.

Jacob the ladybug spreader

He told us that they were
both males of the species

Well educated males as it
turned out to be

We tried to crack the Gravity Falls
Journal #3 code seen here

I say "tried" because my Enigma machine is still on the fritz and I really can't break such a sophisticated code without it.

Mary is enjoying being
a Daisy Scout

Jacob helped Mary deliver her
Girl Scout cookies on Saturday

She sold 70 boxes in her first Spring as a Daisy.

Babies?

No, nobody is pregnant, this store in Oxnard is now one of Ventura County's prime Covid vaccination centers.

I had my second vaccine here on Saturday.

This site was much bigger and
busier than the site of my first Pfizer
shot in Thousand Oaks three weeks ago

Fortunately, it was just as efficient and friendly.

Just like after my first vaccine shot, I had no side effects from this one other than a bit of soreness around the injection spot on my arm. This sensation was pretty much like any other shot that I've ever gotten in my life.

I now feel IMMORTAL!

No comments: