Thursday, March 19, 2026
A quiet day overall but with much to report.
First, I reached an important goal this morning when my daily weigh-in noted that I had now lost 11.5 kilos/25.4 lbs. since the start of my newest health regimen on January 15th.
To reach my overall weight goal I'll need to shed another 11 kilos by my birthday on July 7th.
We'll see.
We needed to do a bit of shopping at the Oxnard Costco today but first, Laurie's Blueberry II needed gas.
Last week the fill-up at Costco cost me $4.99 a gallon.
Today at the same Costco, it was up to $5.29 a gallon, a 30¢ a gallon leap in just seven days. OUCH!
Still though, Costco's gas prices were 20¢ a gallon LESS than the cheapest gas station that I saw in Camarillo this morning on my way to Costco in Oxnard.
MAGA America, how do you like winning so far?
The NCAA DI Men's Basketball
Tournament started today
When I was teaching years ago at Rio Mesa H.S., one of my duties was to run the illicit, highly competitive March Madness Office Pool.
In those days, on the Thursday that always marked the first day of the tournament, I would tune in between classes and at our morning and lunch breaks to check on the progress of the games and delight in the inevitable upsets that occurred in the opening round.
My dream was to someday just call in sick, go to Camarillo Cronies and spend the entire day watching ALL of these opening day games.
Today, retired as I am, I had the opportunity to do just that.
Instead, I stayed at home for most of the day reading a good book and didn't watch one moment of any of the games.
One's priorities change as one ages and travels the globe.
One's priorities change as one ages and travels the globe.
EuroBall was ablaze today with posters on Facebook, let's take a look at a few of them.
The Italian DII Catania Elephants posted up a GREAT "Fire Up" video! Click on the link below to see it.
Italian DI Firenze vs. Milano
Germany's dominant team is gearing up
for another great international season
Mexico's Jalisco Reyes are getting
into the spirit of these postings
Hungary's DI is about to
launch their 2026 campaign
I like Blue Dragons as a mascot
Not one . . .
Cowbells?
. . . nor even a mere two teams . . .
. . . but THREE teams in Hungary's
Capital City!
The American football world
needs more teams named Sharks
This city's name just rolls
off of the tongue
Another EXCELLENT team name!
Mundane but workable mascot
Is every win by the Bulldogs
also considered an "upset?"
VSD is a prominent multi sports club
located in Dunakeszi, Hungary
The Czech Republic's Brno Alligators
start their season in April
Italian DI Schedule this weekend
Saturday, March 21st Games
Milano Rhinos (0-1) at
Firenze Guelfi (1-0)
Parma Panthers (2-0) at
Ancona Dolphins (0-1)
Sunday, March 22nd Game
Legnano Frogs (1-0) at
Lazio Marines (0-2)
Italian DII Schedule this weekend
Saturday, March 21st Games
Monza Demons (2-0) at
Catania Elephants (1-1)
Brescia Bengals (1-1) at
Torino Reapers (1-2)
Sunday, March 22nd Game
Padova Saints (1-0) at
Cecina Trappers (1-1)
Italian DIII Schedule this weekend
Part 1
Saturday, March 21st Game
Terraferma Cocai (1-1) at
FVG Kraken (0-2)
Sunday, March 22nd Games
Salerno Eagles (1-1) at
Palermo United (0-1)
Formigine Honey Badgers (2-0) at
Sarzana Red Jackets (1-0)
Italian DIII Schedule this weekend
Part 2
Sunday, March 22nd Games
Bari Navy Seals (2-0) at
Crotone Achei (0-1)
Pisa TFU (0-1) at
Massa White Tigers (0-2)
Ravenna Chiefs (1-1) at
Bologna Doves (2-0)
In closing . . .
Funny but, then again, NOT!






















No comments:
Post a Comment