Wednesday, March 4, 2026
At last, what I'd longed for the most on any trip to Maui, a day without getting into a car and a chance to hit the beach!
And a BEAUTIFUL day it was!
Before heading to the sand across
the street from the Johnson's condo . . .
. . . we walked about up S. Kihei Road
to this quaint crafts market
Our shoppers did find a few trinkets
of immeasurable value to bring home
Towards the end of our shopping
ordeal, Mark and I headed across
the street to find some shade . . .
. . . and a good view of the
Pacific Ocean at its finest
While I found these trees to
be of great interest . . .
. . . this nearby contraption
had me a bit confused
Mark thought that it was an
ancient communication device used
by the ancient, native Hawaiians
That sounded reasonable to me.
Shopping done, we were
on the beach at last
What a wonderful day to be alive!
While in the water, a giant sea turtle swam within ten feet of me as I communed with nature in the wild.
After a great day at the beach, we had the chance to dine at the condo with friend Lindy Stroud, the Queen of the Hydrangeas, who we met and slaved with last Summer arranging flowers at the non-wedding ceremonies in Seattle.
It was lots of fun seeing her again.
News from the CYBA post-season double elimination tournament . . .
Jacob battling under the boards
against the Hornets
Jacob's lay-up for two
In your face Defense
It was not meant to be tonight for Jacob and his Bulls, the Hornets won 48-45 in FOUR Overtimes!
Jacob and family will be busy this coming Saturday with another CYBA playoff game and the first track meet of the Camarillo Cosmos season.
How about you?
Pulling for Cuba to win Pool A
Western Conference Game
Coslada Camioneros (1-1-1) at
Las Rozas Black Demons (4-0)
Levante Conference Game
Valencia Giants (2-1-1) at
Alicante Thunder (0-4)
Norte Conference Game
Villamayor Mercenarios (1-3) at
Cantabria Bisons (2-1-1)
Levante Conference Game
Murcia Cobras (1-3) at
Alicante Sharks (4-0)
Madrid Conference Game
Boadilla Vikings (2-2) at
Alcorcón Smilodons (3-1)
Norte Conference Game
Valladolid Penguins (4-0) at
Santurtzi Coyotes (3-1)
Madrid Conference Game
Madrid Capitals (0-3) at
Tres Cantos Jabatos (1-2)
Go for it!
What in the world?
Oh, it's a publicity shot for the
1948 Refrigerator Bowl in
Evansville, Indiana
The Evansville Purple Aces (7-3) defeated the Missouri Valley Vikings (9-1-1) in that inaugural Refrigerator Bowl, 13-7.
Sad news from the world of football
For much of my career I tried to emulate many of Coach Holtz's core principles of leadership.
I found that the more closely I followed them, the better we became.
I had the opportunity to hear him speak several times at clinics over the many years. At a clinic in Boise, Idaho in the Summer of 1975, I sat in the front row at one of his talks and he picked me to be his unwitting foil as he performed some of the dazzling magic tricks that he was also known to do. It was great fun and now an even more cherished memory.
Our "Adventures in Paradise" will become decidedly more active and nomadic on Thursday, stay tuned . . .























No comments:
Post a Comment