Tuesday, June 25, 2013

First Two Days Back Home


Monday was officially my first day in my latest stop on the coaching road. This time is a stop at Newbury Park H.S.

 Go Panthers GO!!!

The 2013 season of NPHS JV football will give me a chance to coach with our younger son Mike who is the team's Defensive Coordinator. It will be my 48th season of coaching American football at five different high schools and in four different European countries.

NPHS Football Fundraiser

Monday, my introduction to Panther football was participating in the annual fundraising golf tournament at the Sterling Hills Golf Course in Camarillo.

It started with a Putting Contest

Our Threesome

We were one golfer short but I had a great time playing with legendary NPHS QB Keith Smith, on the left, and our son Michael.

 Nice Hole Sponsor

 Almost looks like I know
what I'm doing

 We had a chance to do a lot of catching
up in the golf cart over 18 holes

We had a lot of fun and the golf tournament was a success as over $30,000 were raised in this one day event!

After 12 hours of deep sleep Monday night, I was ready to meet with the NPHS JV team for the first time on Tuesday.

Pre-Practice Loosening Up
  
OL ready to Rock and Roll

Two Minute Game vs. The Air

The Minions came to practice too!

We had a good practice and these young men showed a lot of promise today.  If we keep working hard and competing in practice, we will be a good football team.

It was Tuesday evening and practice was over. Only one thing left to do . . . 

Dine at KFC in Camarillo

That's for you Sam Ajavon and Armand Richard back in Lyon, France.

I have not forgotten you two or my other Falcons.

No comments: