Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Game Week


It is finally time for our first Falcon "A" team game this coming Sunday against our crosstown rivals, the Lyon Les Gones. On Tuesday we had a very high energy practice as we got back to work following a long holiday weekend layoff. We still have a long way to go before we can be considered a good team but we are progressing nicely.

I continue to enjoy eating lunch in the little neighborhood restaurants that are off of the beaten path in Lyon. The prices are reasonable and the food both rich and delicious. I am starting to really enjoy moutarde sauces.

Today I visited Lyon's Gallo-Roman Museum which is a bit on the small side but full of very interesting pieces. I have mentioned before that I enjoy these smaller venues that do not try to overwhelm you with volume but instead leave you impressed with their quality. This was a very worthwhile museum indeed.

Our Cadet practice tonight featured a lot of hitting since we found out that their scheduled scrimmage this Saturday has been cancelled for some unknown reason.

We have one more practice Thursday night before our game on Sunday, it HAS to be a good one!

Reading Is FUNdamental


I continue t take advantage of my Lyon library card. I just finished another book with the works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle called Sherlock Holmes Investigates. This book featured three more of the Holmes' stories, The Boscombe Valley Mystery, The Five Orange Pips and The Vieled Lodger. The game was definitely afoot!

No comments: