Tuesday, May 1, 2018

May Day at the Villa Skorpion


Tuesday, 1 May, 2018

Today is a holiday in Italy as it is . . .

 The International Day of the Worker

In other words today was Labor Day, a holiday which many stretched into a four day weekend this year.

We planned to join several of the Skorpion Family at Skorpions Field for a team BBQ.

I remind you that Italian BBQs are SERIOUS business and not for the faint of heart or those with a weak stomach.

My heart was good but at about 10:00 a.m. my stomach joined the spirit of the day and went on strike against me.

Not wanting to infect our teammates or their loved ones, we decided to stay home instead and be within easy crawling distance to a bathroom with an actual toilet, seat and all. 

A good by-product of my bout
with the stomach flu

I took my time on HUDL and finished breaking down all of the Varese Gorillas game from last Saturday night. After tabulating all of the stats and awarding game decals, I was pleased that I had at least spent a fruitful day for the City of Varese Champion Skorpions at home.

One of our Skorpions Media Staff, Amanda Deni, put together a nice little video of our game which you can see by clicking on this link: https://youtu.be/vhHXdpfNouM

Hopefully I'll be operating at 89.7% or better tomorrow as, after a two month wait for tickets, Laurie and I will be heading to Milano's Chiesa Santa Maria delle Grazie to see Leonardo Di Vinci's famed fresco masterpiece, The Last Supper.

Leonardo Di Vinci

We are looking forward to a great art experience on Wednesday!

Damn, he had a SWEET beard!

No comments: