Monday, February 11, 2019

Wind, I Forgot About WIND as a Weather Force!


Monday, 11 February, 2019

In yesterday's post I talked about weather conditions here in Lombardia that I was and was not OK with on a daily basis.

I forgot about one weather phenomenon as it turned out.

Wind.

The reason for my oversight was simple enough as we hadn't had any wind to speak of since I arrived back in Italy 25 days ago.

I'm definitely NOT OK with wind.

Today we had wind, lots of wind thanks to a savage zephyr blowing in from the north bringing ice cold air off of the Swiss Alps.

And wind chill, I'm NOT OK with wind chill.

It reminded me of practices all over the EuroBall scene when wind chill combines with rugged winter field conditions . . .

 . . . so far, the 2019 Skorpions have
been impervious to the effects of
SKORPION WEATHER!

Much like yesterday, I spent most of the morning in the Villa Skorpion II doing laundry, sweeping the floors and, of course,
working on details of Tuesday's Skorpions practice.

In the afternoon I ventured out to return a Jeffery Deaver  book and an Alfred Hitchcock DVD to the Varese Public Library. I also checked out a couple of new books while I was there to read over the next few days.

Chore accomplished, I needed a macchiato.

 Thus I popped into the stately
Antico Caffé Bosisio

It had great ambience including . . .

. . . these cool "candlesticks"

Their macchiato hit the spot too.

It was time for a walk as, wind chill be damned, I still needed to work on my physical fitness regardless of the weather conditions.

Under the word Charisma in small letters
it says "Rule 16"

Rule 16?

I don't recall this being one of LeRoy Jethro Gibbs' rules on the NCIS TV show.

But maybe it should be.

See how straight out that
Italian flag is in the wind . . .

Visual proof of today's wind chill factor.

A Sicilian bakery that looked
worthwhile for a future visit

Author Andrea Camileri's
Inspector Montalbano TV series
starts its 20th season tonight on
the RAI 1 channel

Camileri's books and the ensuing TV series about our favorite Sicilian policeman are both greatly enjoyed by Laurie and I.

And the stroll continued . . .

 GREAT beard!

 And a cool pig to boot!

Giallo is a favorite color in
Lombardia for buildings

There is that beautiful, picturesque
Chiesa San Vittore Bell Tower again

I liked the Sentinel above the flags of
the European Union, Italy and Varese

Again with the Bell Tower

 Raider knit caps 30% off

No, grazie.

When our son Michael visits in April
we will have to go here as he loves
both gnocchi and risotto

I wonder what happened to his leg?

In the evening, it was time to celebrate Federica Nardi's . . .

. . . second birthday if the candles
are indeed correct

We all shared excellent little Italian dolci and, as usual, sat around the table sharing funny stories from the weekend's doings.

It was a fine way to end another day in Italia.

No comments: