Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Memorial Day 2021


Monday, May 31, 2021 

Monday was the day America honors its heroes who have fallen in defense our our country.

I started my Memorial Day with what is becoming a typically long, morning stroll.

Lots of bright red bougainvilleas
at the start of my walk in east Camarillo
 
This area of Camarillo has
extensive wilderness paths to trek

Another 6 miles today is
GREAT for this old body!

I started these walks in Hawaii on
May 5th, LOTS better than April's
sloth-like output!

The 2020 Covid-19 year was just as
bad as April 2021 was for my physical fitness

My goal continues to be 10,000+ steps per day and to raise my average daily steps/day for the year to over 10,000 by December 31st.

I've got a lot of making up to do for the first four months of 2021 when I was the quintessential coach potato.

We'll see . . .

Laurie and I thought that this
would be a good movie to see
on Memorial Day

Because of Covid-19, it felt like the first time we had been in a movie theater since we saw The Godfather in Santa Barbara in 1972.

This was a sober reminder of why America fought in WWII as the movie is a series of interconnected interviews with older German civilians, soldiers and Waffen-SS members discussing what they did and did not know about what was going on in the concentration camps.

Some of the Waffen-SS men, though in their late 80s to mid 90s, were still eerie and vile in their denials of what history know to be the truth.

Again, we should all honor those who gave all, as well as those who all gave some defending our American ideals.

In my opinion, what the Nazis did in Germany was way more severe than our government asking us to wear face masks during the pandemic.

But then again, I don't vote in Georgia.

No comments: