Monday, June 29, 2020

Another Week During the Pandemic


Monday - Sunday,
June 22-28, 2021

A few weeks ago I stated on this blog that I was going to continue to post daily as these were historic times.

Unfortunately, with our self-imposed continuing personal lockdown, it is also a time of repetitive boredom sitting at home watching TV, reading books and basically staying in our home.

The weekend updates about the newest spikes in the Coronavirus pandemic in the USA confirmed that we were doing the right thing. Wearing a face mask and social distancing really is not that hard to do people!

Thus, I submit to you the minimal doings of the past week not day.

Portugal joined the growing list of EuroBall countries
cancelling their 2020 season

Laurie incorporated the fresh vegetables
that our neighbor George grew in his garden
to a delicious risotto dish Wednesday night

On Thursday, I joined RB Coach
Cristian "Bumba" Bianchi and the rest of the Skorpions
staff for our final webinar meeting of the Spring

These Thursday morning meetings have been extremely enjoyable, at least to me, in having the opportunity to talk American football with a coaching staff that worked hard with me to make the Skorpions better the last three seasons.

Little Mary came over to the house and
boldly tried to befriend a lizard in our garden

A phone call with Mike D'Antuono led to his
getting us instantly hooked on this intense Netflix
series direct from Madrid with excellent dubbing

Our Leader

Saturday's trip to the supermarket
showed that the only shortage was still
found in the paper products aisle

At Lombardo's Italian Market, I decided
to cook pasta for dinner Saturday night

Some sweet wine while cooking helped

Ingredients are the keys to culinary success

First, sauté the vegetables

Then grill the sweet Italian sausage

Add the pasta sauce and a couple of SECRET
ingredients and let it simmer

Laurie set the table

mangia,
Mangia,
MANGIA!

Have I mentioned that Laurie loves
to work in the garden?

Headband?

I just had to don a headband to keep the hair out of my eyes on Sunday when Mary and Jacob came to play with me in our backyard.

Reading Is FUNdamental!

An in depth tome on the roots of
American football in Europe

If you are a EuroBall fan like I am, then this is a must read.

In my opinion, it does beg for a Volume 2 with a deeper look at the growth of the game all over Europe in the last 20 years.

One of my favorite crime writers
ruminating about several unrelated
but interesting topics

1 comment:

Massimo Foglio said...

Thank you coach. I'm glad you liked the book :)