Saturday, June 6, 2020

A Calm Day Without Any Zoom Meetings


Friday, June 5, 2020

After three straight days of American football Zoom meetings, today was just a relaxing day at home for the most part with no Zoom meetings on the agenda.

Still, I did make a new contact in the world of EuroBall when I opened up my e-mail and found a message from my newest coaching friend.

It was none other than . . .



. . . Csanád Magyar
a Player, a Coach and the Secretary
of the Budapest Cowbells in Hungary

He was asking for some long distance help with his project and, as usual, I was more than willing to help him.

I just LOVE EuroBall and all of its connections!

Enzo sent me a photo of a lush
Skorpion Field today

If our campaign had not been cancelled, we would have been playing our regular season finale tomorrow on this very field against the powerful Reggio Emilia Hogs.

News from the net . . .

Saturday is the 76th Anniversary
of the D-Day Invasion and we are
still having to fight this battle

 Bananas, they're called BANANAS

A HIGH crime in today's America

 Completely understandable

 Cute isn't it

True

When I first started coaching in 1970 at Thousand Oaks H.S. in California, our Head Coach was a wonderful gentleman by the name of Joe Howell.

Joe once told us that every year that you coach, you anger four or five people in the community and that after a few years, that's a lot of pissed off people in town.

After 45 years of high school coaching, I continue to be reminded of his sage wisdom on a somewhat regular basis.

Just getting it off my chest, sorry.

No comments: