Saturday, December 15, 2018

The Yuletide Season is Fast Approaching


Friday, December 7 - Thursday, December 13, 2018

Just another fun week in SoCal . . .

On Friday we shared
a day with Mary

Joyous!

If I had hair, I'd definitely
use this product!

We saw this in Santa Paula before dining and a night at the . . .

 . . . the Theater

We had tried to see this play about a week ago but it was sold out. This time I bought our tickets on-line and we had a great time enjoying a fun, well acted Agatha Christie murder mystery.

While we were at the play,
Jacob and Mary were enjoying a
Christmas photo-op at their home

On Sunday Mike and Jacob
participated in the annual
Santa to the Sea Half Marathon
in Oxnard

Mike ran and Jacob navigated

This was probably Jacob's last time participating in this old stroller that is rapidly getting too small for him. 

 Los Angeles Rams
NFL Hall of Fame Receivers
Elroy "Crazylegs" Hirsch and
Tom Fears

What did these two long deceased Ram greats have in common with today's Los Angeles Rams?

Both Hirsch and Fears and our now 11-2 Rams scored ZERO TDs today.

Final Score: Chicago Bears 15 - Los Angeles Rams 6

Christmas Caroling at Tuesday's
Italian Conversation class

I love our weekly 90 minute sessions with lots of smiling, laughing and, of course, Italian.

A Week of Omens?

While shopping and working my daily on-line crossword puzzles this week, a theme started to develop.

 Hmmm . . .

 . . . double Hmmm

I've heard of this city

 We learned this in my
Italian Conversation class

 We had to support our local HS
football program on Wednesday

Good burgers!

On Thursday I joined Rio Mesa HS teachers Ben Todd and Mary Wayne to act as a chaperone for the school's Latino American Student Organization on a school field trip to a museum in Long Beach.

Boarding a yellow kidney crusher

After two hours in L.A. Freeway traffic we finally arrived.

Why is there a rhino in
front of the Museum of
Latin American Art?

And a rhino with lots of extra,
deadly horns at that!

 Organizing the 32 students and
five chaperones before entering

Nothing says Chicano Art quite
like tattooing

The good ones are
artistic beyond question

My group of seven well behaved
students that made chaperoning
EASY!

 Are you looking at ME?

 Dia de los Muertos inspiration

La Luche Libre inspiration

Maybe this should be the new icon
on the Mexican flag?

Jesús . . .
I like him very much

 Love the Zoo Suit look

I think that I would rock it!

The Long Beach Pike Fun Zone
was my go-to place as a youth

Then Disneyland opened and the death watch on the Pike began.

It was a bit seedy and tawdry but I loved it!

Can you see the arm and hand?

I know that you can see
the person seated

 A yoga pose?

Is that a Cuban flag serape he is wearing?

Part of my group taking photos
in the Museum's Sculpture Garden

We had a great time at this small but informative museum and I would like to again say GRACIAS to Ben Todd for asking Mary Wayne and I along as chaperones.

Now for the two hour drive home in yet more L.A. freeway traffic. Thank goodness that I was not driving.

Next up, a week on Maui with the Johnson Clan.

Life's Adventure continues . . .

No comments: