Friday, January 31, 2020

A Challenging Day


Thursday, 30 January, 2020

My day started off with a smile from our days living in Lyon, France . . .

Today was
National Croissant Day

Call them croissants or brioches or anything else that you desire, I've had more than my share of them over the last dozen years of living in five different European countries.

I assure you that they were all both delicious and . . .
oh, so good for me too!

Over my morning cappuccino and,
in Italy, brioche I realized that
Zlatan Ibrahimović is again
playing for AC Milan

I thought that he was still playing out the sunset years of his illustrious career with the Los Angeles Galaxy.

I'm going to the AC Milan-Verona match this coming Sunday at Stadio San Siro with Skorpions do-everything man Pietro Caprioli, aka, Mr. AC Milan. It should even be more fun watching "Ibra" in action for the red and black.

Simple errands were the main call of the day.

 I rode the P line bus to this shop
for a new ink cartridge for my printer

Gelateria Dulce Argentina

Across the street from Viras is, arguably, the BEST gelateria in Varese that is, unfortunately, closed until Spring

This hardware store is a great
source for hammers if you are in
the market for one or eight

It was Thursday, so from 9:00-11:00 in the evening, we hit the field with the Prima Squadra one last time on the synthetic field that we've rented this month.

We'll be back at Skorpion Field for workouts starting this Saturday afternoon.

We had about 40 Skorpions
in attendance tonight

Team periods were better tonight
but still not good enough in my opinion

Zone Reading

Pass Protection holding up well

After practice, we were faced with a challenging but not completely unexpected decision.

Omar Passera was our excellent
QB in 2018 and our outstanding
Offensive Coordinator in 2019

Last season, after sustaining a serious season ending knee injury playing flag football in the Summer, Omar became our choice to take over the Offensive Coordinator duties for 2019.

He did a great job, was highly organized and was easy to work with all season long.

Much of the success that the Skorpions have enjoyed the last two years has been as a direct result of Omar's efforts.

Tonight, after practice, he informed the team that he will not be able to continue to work with the Skorpions in 2020.

It is a big loss for us all but we must move on . . .

Finding this picture of Mike and Mary
in a Facebook message when I got
home helped for sure

No comments: