Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Of Doctors, American Football and Family


Tuesday, November 26, 2019

After a scheduled early morning visit to my dermatologist in Camarillo, I realized that it was a BEAUTIFUL day for American football!

With this in mind, I met up with son Michael and grandson Jacob at Pacifica High School (12-1) to watch their practice in preparation for their C.I.F. Division VI Championship game on Saturday night against La Serna High School (13-0) to be played at California High School in Whittier.

 High energy to be sure with
a Championship Ring only one
more win away

 With Pacifica H.S.'s
Head Coach Mike Moon

I coached with Mike for many seasons while on the Rio Mesa H.S. staff together in the early 2000s. Mike is a bright, hard working,  defensive oriented coach who I consider a great coaching colleague.

Good Luck Saturday Night!

Jacob and Mike at Pacifica H.S.

Lunch at Marshall's Bodacious BBQ
in Ventura

Jacob loves to read, even during lunch, and I have no desire to stop this worthwhile development in his growing process.

The tri-tip salad was top notch in my opinion.

Reading Is FUNdamental!

Interesting historical read

The last time that I saw loyal blog devotee Paul Sabolic, he commented on how I like to read novels while he reads historical non-fiction tomes.

Thus prodded, I picked up this paperback at a bookshop in the Los Angeles International Airport as I left for London a few days ago.

I learned many new things about "Old Hickory" and this key battle in the War of 1812 of which I was completely unaware.

Thanks Paul.

No comments: